Labour watch

Post about Leyton Orient or anything else

Re: Labour watch

PostPosted by dOh nut » Wed May 03, 2017 5:25 pm

Jeremy Bentham wrote:Nothing like serious discussion before a major General Election, is there?

Come on, that 3.03 million police was funny, and topical.
dOh nut
Boarding Hall of Fame
Boarding Hall of Fame

PostPosted by Dunners » Wed May 03, 2017 7:30 pm

Jeremy Bentham wrote:Nothing like serious discussion before a major General Election, is there?

Oh come on. As if anyone is actually going to change who they vote for based on anything here. We may as well just be silly about it.

I'm going to vote Tory just so I can keep all my lovely money.
Dunners
Elite Boarder
Elite Boarder

PostPosted by Off The Hook » Wed May 03, 2017 7:38 pm

I'm voting Tory too, in the hope Corbyn has to step down and I can leave the party with a clear conscience and save myself £60 a year.
Off The Hook
Boarding Hall of Fame
Boarding Hall of Fame

PostPosted by Dunners » Wed May 03, 2017 7:40 pm

£60! That's almost as much as I spend on a bottle of Champagne (on the company expense account, of course).
Dunners
Elite Boarder
Elite Boarder

PostPosted by Polly On The Shore » Mon May 08, 2017 5:34 pm

Simon Danczuk has resigned from the Labour Party.

The Labour Party is no longer the positive political movement that I joined nearly 30 years ago. Indeed, under its current leadership the Labour Party is more interested in serving its own ends rather than those of hard working people for whom the party was originally established.

With frontbench spokespeople, such as John McDonnell, continually obsessing about Karl Marx, the benefits of communism and celebrating the reign of Joseph Stalin, I feel the Labour Party has totally lost touch with its social democratic values and indeed with reality in 21st Century Britain.
Polly On The Shore
Boarding Heavyweight
Boarding Heavyweight

PostPosted by dOh nut » Mon May 08, 2017 6:36 pm

I doubt comrade Corbyn will be upset bu the loss of Danczuk but his comments are a little damaging none the less as they tend to ring true in my opinion.
dOh nut
Boarding Hall of Fame
Boarding Hall of Fame

PostPosted by Nice Username » Mon May 08, 2017 6:51 pm

Danczuk seems like an awful bloke tbf, good riddance.
Nice Username
Elite Boarder
Elite Boarder

PostPosted by Nice Username » Mon May 08, 2017 7:12 pm

One month until Corbageddon.
Nice Username
Elite Boarder
Elite Boarder

PostPosted by OneTonneBaby » Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:53 am

OneTonneBaby wrote:At every turn people have underestimated corbyn.

Even before he was labour leader people said hed never win in a month of sundays. When he did they said he wouldnt last the year, when he did people said hed have to resign but he didn't, when people said he wouldnt be labour leader after a vote of no confidence, when people said he wouldnt be on the ballot for new leader,when people said etc etc...

Keep going with the predictions people.

Its the only time ill pat myself on the head in this election i promise but being serious, corbyn has defied expectation at every turn. Feels like even people who don't like him are now starting to acknowledge that.
OneTonneBaby
Boarding Heavyweight
Boarding Heavyweight

PostPosted by dOh nut » Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:08 am

OneTonneBaby wrote:
OneTonneBaby wrote:At every turn people have underestimated corbyn.

Even before he was labour leader people said hed never win in a month of sundays. When he did they said he wouldnt last the year, when he did people said hed have to resign but he didn't, when people said he wouldnt be labour leader after a vote of no confidence, when people said he wouldnt be on the ballot for new leader,when people said etc etc...

Keep going with the predictions people.

Its the only time ill pat myself on the head in this election i promise but being serious, corbyn has defied expectation at every turn. Feels like even people who don't like him are now starting to acknowledge that.

He did well with a clever manifesto, largely helped by a crap Tory one. He campaigned well. May was poor.

Yet he still lost, so his success is us discussing the size of his defeat. To be honest the Tories just got it wrong, had they the brains to put forward a less crap set of policies Corbyn would be history. Let's not go overboard, he did well, for a loser.
dOh nut
Boarding Hall of Fame
Boarding Hall of Fame

PostPosted by Jeremy Bentham » Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:29 pm

He gives people hope of a better world, not the shitfest we're caked in at the moment.
Jeremy Bentham
Level Two Boarder
Level Two Boarder

PostPosted by dOh nut » Sat Jun 17, 2017 2:11 pm

Jeremy Bentham wrote:He gives people hope of a better world, not the shitfest we're caked in at the moment.

Clearly not enough hope else he would not have been 60 seats behind the Tories.

His success is being measured by the size of his defeat. Hardly the stuff of dreams and certainly some distance from what Blair achieved during his landslide election. So let's not get carried away.

Much of his success was down to Mays car crash of a manifesto and his give away manifesto, which we all know was just a wish list he knew he would never have to deliver. Smart move for sure and one that out smarted the Tories whose manifesto, though realistic given future issues, was not what people wanted to hear.

One thing that stands out for me and many of my friends is that with a different leader we would have voted Labour. I would without doubt. So whilst Labour bask in the glory of a defeat smaller than expected, with a better more competent leader, Labour with this manifesto could have won.

I don't call that victory.
dOh nut
Boarding Hall of Fame
Boarding Hall of Fame

PostPosted by Disoriented » Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:31 pm

MafiosO wrote:
Jeremy Bentham wrote:He gives people hope of a better world, not the shitfest we're caked in at the moment.

His success is being measured by the size of his defeat. Hardly the stuff of dreams and certainly some distance from what Blair achieved during his landslide election. So let's not get carried away.

Much of his success was down to Mays car crash of a manifesto and his give away manifesto, which we all know was just a wish list he knew he would never have to deliver. Smart move for sure and one that out smarted the Tories whose manifesto, though realistic given future issues, was not what people wanted to hear.

One thing that stands out for me and many of my friends is that with a different leader we would have voted Labour. I would without doubt. So whilst Labour bask in the glory of a defeat smaller than expected, with a better more competent leader, Labour with this manifesto could have won.

:clown
Disoriented
Elite Boarder
Elite Boarder

PostPosted by dOh nut » Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:09 pm

Disoriented wrote:
MafiosO wrote:

:clown

Nice try but no cigar. :clap
dOh nut
Boarding Hall of Fame
Boarding Hall of Fame

PostPosted by RedDwarf » Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:26 pm

But he was giving people false hope because i think there is no way he could have delivered on that manifesto. I don't believe the country has it in its locker to be able to deliver on what Corbyn was promising. I read an article in the paper this morning that said the country's students owe £100billion in student fees. So the country would have to find £100billion just to start with for the students. How much would renationalising ex-state industry's cost the country . Its total fantasy land. It was a desperate manifesto from a desperate party and it worked. Saying all that, i fully acknowledge the Tories have to pull their finger out and do much more for the poor in our society .
RedDwarf
Boarding Heavyweight
Boarding Heavyweight

PostPosted by Off The Hook » Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:43 pm

MafiosO wrote:One thing that stands out for me and many of my friends is that with a different leader we would have voted Labour. I would without doubt.

:lol: of course you would.

The time is coming mate. We can all sense it.
Off The Hook
Boarding Hall of Fame
Boarding Hall of Fame

PostPosted by WasSpike » Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:10 pm

MafiosO wrote:One thing that stands out for me and many of my friends is that with a different leader we would have voted Labour. I would without doubt.

So you actually see so little difference between the policies of the main parties that you base your voting decision on which leader you like the most? Really?

I get it that the stupids might do that, but you hold yourself out as some sort of intellectual, someone who thinks things through and looks at all the angles.

It's like deciding on which house to buy based on nothing but whether the Estate Agent had shiny shoes.

If we still had a Tory party in government and a Tory-tribute-act as an opposition - with a fag paper between their policies, then I might understand it - but even you, with your limited imagination, must see that there is a chasm between the parties and a simple choice to be made, here.
WasSpike
Level Five Boarder
Level Five Boarder

PostPosted by Max B Gold » Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:17 pm

WasSpike wrote:

So you actually see so little difference between the policies of the main parties that you base your voting decision on which leader you like the most? Really?

I get it that the stupids might do that, but you hold yourself out as some sort of intellectual, someone who thinks things through and looks at all the angles.

It's like deciding on which house to buy based on nothing but whether the Estate Agent had shiny shoes.

If we still had a Tory party in government and a Tory-tribute-act as an opposition - with a fag paper between their policies, then I might understand it - but even you, with your limited imagination, must see that there is a chasm between the parties and a simple choice to be made, here.

Best just to toss a coin.
Max B Gold
Boarding Heavyweight
Boarding Heavyweight

PostPosted by WasSpike » Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:19 pm

There's a lot of tossers out there, right enough
WasSpike
Level Five Boarder
Level Five Boarder

PostPosted by Max B Gold » Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:15 am

WasSpike wrote:There's a lot of tossers out there, right enough

If I meet one more person who says they would have voted LABOUR instead of SNP if they thought Jerry would win I will leather them.
Max B Gold
Boarding Heavyweight
Boarding Heavyweight

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat