Labour watch

Post about Leyton Orient or anything else

Re: Labour watch

PostPosted by BleedsRed » Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:40 am

WasSpike wrote:
MafiosO wrote:One thing that stands out for me and many of my friends is that with a different leader we would have voted Labour. I would without doubt.


So you actually see so little difference between the policies of the main parties that you base your voting decision on which leader you like the most? Really?

I get it that the stupids might do that, but you hold yourself out as some sort of intellectual, someone who thinks things through and looks at all the angles.

It's like deciding on which house to buy based on nothing but whether the Estate Agent had shiny shoes.

If we still had a Tory party in government and a Tory-tribute-act as an opposition - with a fag paper between their policies, then I might understand it - but even you, with your limited imagination, must see that there is a chasm between the parties and a simple choice to be made, here.


:clap

Also 'give away manifesto' needs to go as a term. As does the 'May had a terrible campaign and still JC didn't win!'. Let's not pretend it started at 0-0.
BleedsRed
Level Two Boarder
Level Two Boarder
 
Posts: 298
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:13 pm

Re: Labour watch

PostPosted by Nice Username » Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:54 am

Max B Gold wrote:
WasSpike wrote:There's a lot of tossers out there, right enough


If I meet one more person who says they would have voted LABOUR instead of SNP if they thought Jerry would win I will leather them.


Unfortunately the issue was good old Progressive Scotland swinging heavily to the Tories.
Nice Username
Elite Boarder
Elite Boarder
 
Posts: 3581
Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2014 6:45 pm

Re: Labour watch

PostPosted by Max B Gold » Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:15 am

Nice Username wrote:
Max B Gold wrote:
WasSpike wrote:There's a lot of tossers out there, right enough


If I meet one more person who says they would have voted LABOUR instead of SNP if they thought Jerry would win I will leather them.


Unfortunately the issue was good old Progressive Scotland swinging heavily to the Tories.


Didn't you vote Tory.
Max B Gold
Boarding Heavyweight
Boarding Heavyweight
 
Posts: 9185
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:50 am

Re: Labour watch

PostPosted by Nice Username » Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:20 am

I voted Labour like I have done every election, although it was under the assumption that Corbyn wouldn't get that close.
Nice Username
Elite Boarder
Elite Boarder
 
Posts: 3581
Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2014 6:45 pm

Re: Labour watch

PostPosted by Pie and Mash » Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:52 pm

Just seen this in Mile End, one for Max

Image
Pie and Mash
Boarding Hall of Fame
Boarding Hall of Fame
 
Posts: 14695
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2014 4:33 pm

Re: Labour watch

PostPosted by Nice Username » Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:06 pm

That has become a 'hilarious' meme amongst those alt left types on Twitter, because the whole IRA thing is just a joke to them.
Nice Username
Elite Boarder
Elite Boarder
 
Posts: 3581
Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2014 6:45 pm

Re: Labour watch

PostPosted by Pie and Mash » Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:11 pm

Something sinister about McDonnell

Whereas I can believe Corbyn supported meeting the IRA for peace I don't get that impression with McDonnell

The narrative with them both was different. Corbyn went for Adam's 'I have never' while McDonnell went for McGuiness' 'that was the past, I've reformed' approach - And Diane Abbott went for "My hair was different"
Pie and Mash
Boarding Hall of Fame
Boarding Hall of Fame
 
Posts: 14695
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2014 4:33 pm

Re: Labour watch

PostPosted by Max B Gold » Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:54 pm

Pie and Mash wrote:Just seen this in Mile End, one for Max

Image



????. Why me? I'm no McDonnell fan and neither do I or have I ever supported acts of individual terrorism as practiced by the 'ra or UDA or other sectarian based organisation.
Max B Gold
Boarding Heavyweight
Boarding Heavyweight
 
Posts: 9185
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:50 am

Re: Labour watch

PostPosted by Disoriented » Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:16 pm

You have to laugh. There are some idiots around.
Disoriented
Elite Boarder
Elite Boarder
 
Posts: 2648
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2014 6:34 am

Re: Labour watch

PostPosted by Eda Wobu » Sun Jun 18, 2017 4:33 pm

Nice Username wrote:I voted Labour like I have done every election, although it was under the assumption that Corbyn wouldn't get that close.



Nice Username wrote:Ended up being a bit easier than I thought in deciding to vote. As you probably all guessed, there was no way I'd be voting Labour while Jezza is around, but was considering a Lib Dem vote. Got to the polling station and the local Tory actually ended up being a pretty decent guy, had a chat with him and he said he'd had quite a few ex-Labour voters voting for him as he's a self-described centrist. Left the booth as a first-time Tory voter, which feels very weird indeed, but so far I don't regret it - it's partly a protest vote against Corbyn, but partly recognition of the things Cameron has done to turn the party around. Eventually I'll return to Labour (I hope) and there's plenty I disagree with the Tories on - but it's very sad that I've been driven to this really.
Eda Wobu
Level Five Boarder
Level Five Boarder
 
Posts: 1033
Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:24 pm

Re: Labour watch

PostPosted by WasSpike » Sun Jun 18, 2017 4:37 pm

Wow.

So NU voted for more austerity and a widening gap between rich and poor, rather than a fairer society, just because the Tory was pretty decent guy and he doesn't like Corbyn.

And then he lied about it.

Jesus.
User avatar
WasSpike
Level Five Boarder
Level Five Boarder
 
Posts: 1983
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:39 am

Re: Labour watch

PostPosted by Eda Wobu » Sun Jun 18, 2017 4:40 pm

I suppose it could have been a 'joke'. It's the way he tells 'em.
Eda Wobu
Level Five Boarder
Level Five Boarder
 
Posts: 1033
Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:24 pm

Re: Labour watch

PostPosted by WasSpike » Sun Jun 18, 2017 4:41 pm

To-may-toe / to-mar-toe.

Joke / Lie
User avatar
WasSpike
Level Five Boarder
Level Five Boarder
 
Posts: 1983
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:39 am

Re: Labour watch

PostPosted by WasSpike » Sun Jun 18, 2017 4:52 pm

Actually I've pervansed myself here - and how !

I'd spotted the feathers on this post when he first played it and even PM'd him so as not to spoil the fun - what a tit I am :oops: :oops:
User avatar
WasSpike
Level Five Boarder
Level Five Boarder
 
Posts: 1983
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:39 am

Re: Labour watch

PostPosted by Disoriented » Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:02 pm

Off The Hook wrote:
jamespevans wrote:
Off The Hook wrote:I can't quite understand why mafioso is having a political meltdown when his lot actually won? Bizarre boarding.


I don't think he understands politics he was a "committed socialist under Blair" :? :?

post108168.html?hilit=socialist#p108168


:D


Clueless
Disoriented
Elite Boarder
Elite Boarder
 
Posts: 2648
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2014 6:34 am

Re: Labour watch

PostPosted by Pie and Mash » Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:16 pm

Eda Wobu wrote:
Nice Username wrote:I voted Labour like I have done every election, although it was under the assumption that Corbyn wouldn't get that close.



Nice Username wrote:Ended up being a bit easier than I thought in deciding to vote. As you probably all guessed, there was no way I'd be voting Labour while Jezza is around, but was considering a Lib Dem vote. Got to the polling station and the local Tory actually ended up being a pretty decent guy, had a chat with him and he said he'd had quite a few ex-Labour voters voting for him as he's a self-described centrist. Left the booth as a first-time Tory voter, which feels very weird indeed, but so far I don't regret it - it's partly a protest vote against Corbyn, but partly recognition of the things Cameron has done to turn the party around. Eventually I'll return to Labour (I hope) and there's plenty I disagree with the Tories on - but it's very sad that I've been driven to this really.


Oh mate :clown
Pie and Mash
Boarding Hall of Fame
Boarding Hall of Fame
 
Posts: 14695
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2014 4:33 pm

Re: Labour watch

PostPosted by Nice Username » Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:30 pm

I love how even when I'm not actively engaged in an argument with EW, he still manages to comprehensively defeat himself.

The fact he went searching back through the thread to find that too, I'm actually cringing.
Nice Username
Elite Boarder
Elite Boarder
 
Posts: 3581
Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2014 6:45 pm

Re: Labour watch

PostPosted by AjaxTreesDown » Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:49 pm

WasSpike wrote:Wow.

So NU voted for more austerity and a widening gap between rich and poor, rather than a fairer society, just because the Tory was pretty decent guy and he doesn't like Corbyn.

And then he lied about it.

Jesus.


:lol: Superb.
User avatar
AjaxTreesDown
Elite Boarder
Elite Boarder
 
Posts: 4114
Joined: Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:29 am

Re: Labour watch

PostPosted by Dunners » Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:02 pm

Eda Wobu wrote:
Nice Username wrote:I voted Labour like I have done every election, although it was under the assumption that Corbyn wouldn't get that close.



Nice Username wrote:Ended up being a bit easier than I thought in deciding to vote. As you probably all guessed, there was no way I'd be voting Labour while Jezza is around, but was considering a Lib Dem vote. Got to the polling station and the local Tory actually ended up being a pretty decent guy, had a chat with him and he said he'd had quite a few ex-Labour voters voting for him as he's a self-described centrist. Left the booth as a first-time Tory voter, which feels very weird indeed, but so far I don't regret it - it's partly a protest vote against Corbyn, but partly recognition of the things Cameron has done to turn the party around. Eventually I'll return to Labour (I hope) and there's plenty I disagree with the Tories on - but it's very sad that I've been driven to this really.



Just pevans'd yourself there, mate.
User avatar
Dunners
Elite Boarder
Elite Boarder
 
Posts: 3149
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:04 pm

Re: Labour watch

PostPosted by Eda Wobu » Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:09 pm

It does take an age to use the search function on here, must have taken at least 10 seconds. I thought the idea of a wind up was to get someone to bite on something implausible? Oh well. I was sure I remembered some championing of the lib dems, but could be wrong.

Hmmmm, not conclusive, but I reckon I could find more.

Nice Username wrote:
Polly On The Shore wrote:
Nice Username wrote:If there was an election tomorrow I definitely wouldn't vote Labour.


Who would you vote for?


No idea. Maybe Lib Dem. That's how bad things are.
Eda Wobu
Level Five Boarder
Level Five Boarder
 
Posts: 1033
Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:24 pm

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Proposition Joe and 12 guests