Labour watch

Post about Leyton Orient or anything else

Re: Labour watch

PostPosted by Nice Username » Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:10 pm

I'd probably give it up if I'd just become the first boarder in history to retroactively Eagle themselves in an attempt to embarrass someone.

It's a bit like a Bond villain falling into a trap that Bond himself (me, NU) had set for a previous villain 3 films ago.
Nice Username
Elite Boarder
Elite Boarder

PostPosted by Off The Hook » Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:39 pm

I'd be more embarrassed that after two years of trying to be like POTS and PAM, people now believed I vote Tory.
Off The Hook
Boarding Hall of Fame
Boarding Hall of Fame

PostPosted by Nice Username » Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:50 pm

More embarrassed than what? Doesn't even make sense as a reply to my post.
Nice Username
Elite Boarder
Elite Boarder

PostPosted by Off The Hook » Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:31 pm

Oh, ok.
Off The Hook
Boarding Hall of Fame
Boarding Hall of Fame

PostPosted by Max B Gold » Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:33 pm

Nice Username wrote:More embarrassed than what? Doesn't even make sense as a reply to my post.

This is getting beyond embarrassing and is now just sad. One of our better Boarders and one I had immense respect for had a horror story at this election and can't bring himself to admit it.

He continues to make things worse for himself. I shake my head and wonder how the inventor of the Eagle and 24 hour Boardin' could have become the shambolic excuse for a Boarder he is now.
Max B Gold
Boarding Heavyweight
Boarding Heavyweight

PostPosted by Eda Wobu » Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:27 am

Nice Username wrote:
In an ideal world it would be Cooper, Umunna or Jarvis (still not completely sold on him but when looking at the current leadership it's easy to be impressed) - i.e. someone who could actually win an election. Starmer has potential.

I will happily vote Lib Dem if that hard left core is still in charge of Labour at election time - I have absolutely nothing in common with them.
Eda Wobu
Level Five Boarder
Level Five Boarder

PostPosted by Nice Username » Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:46 am

If you read my other posts (I'm surprised you haven't tbh) you'll see that I ended up concluding that Farron was just as useless as Corbyn.

You've dug yourself an Eagle grave, kid. No amount of trying to scramble up the sides can get you out of this mess. I might have had the tiniest bit of sympathy if this had been a reaction to some kind of dig I'd made at you, but no, just another one of your 'call out' attempts has backfired horribly. 100% self-inflicted.
Nice Username
Elite Boarder
Elite Boarder

PostPosted by Classic Intercourse » Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:24 pm

Corbyn supporter ejected from Question Time for constantly interrupting the panelists: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpbceSc2qzw

Why does the left attract so many f***ing weirdos like this?
Classic Intercourse
Level Five Boarder
Level Five Boarder

PostPosted by Max B Gold » Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:44 pm

Classic Intercourse wrote:Corbyn supporter ejected from Question Time for constantly interrupting the panelists: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpbceSc2qzw

How do we know he's on the left. He might just have Tourets.
Max B Gold
Boarding Heavyweight
Boarding Heavyweight

PostPosted by Off The Hook » Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:50 pm

Classic Intercourse wrote:Corbyn supporter ejected from Question Time for constantly interrupting the panelists: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpbceSc2qzw

Good point mate. There's no f***ing weirdos like this on the right, are there?
Off The Hook
Boarding Hall of Fame
Boarding Hall of Fame

PostPosted by LeytonO » Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:14 am

It was quite funny, watching that middle aged Tory woman raging against those who want information, proclaiming that we should just trust the leader and not ask questions.

I bet she doesn't live in a tower block or social housing.
LeytonO
Level Two Boarder
Level Two Boarder

PostPosted by Off The Hook » Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:57 am

That shirt was quality.
Off The Hook
Boarding Hall of Fame
Boarding Hall of Fame

PostPosted by Pie and Mash » Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:03 am

Not a cult
Pie and Mash
Boarding Hall of Fame
Boarding Hall of Fame

PostPosted by Classic Intercourse » Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:25 am

Off The Hook wrote:

Of course there are, but I've never seen a righty disrupt a debate because someone was expressing a different view to theirs.

I find that there are a disproportionate amount of these loons on the left and it somewhat discredits the movement and undermines what are pretty noble values and beliefs.

LeytonO wrote:It was quite funny, watching that middle aged Tory woman raging against those who want information, proclaiming that we should just trust the leader and not ask questions.

I bet she doesn't live in a tower block or social housing.

I could kind of see the point she was trying to make but she expressed it so badly that she made herself look silly. What worries me is that the Tories have been routinely hiding behind this argument when asked what they want to get out of the Brexit negotiations.

Also that woman was merely confirmed as a leave voter, you don't know that she was Tory. And what's whether she lives in a tower block or social housing got to do with anything?
Classic Intercourse
Level Five Boarder
Level Five Boarder

PostPosted by Pie and Mash » Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:46 am

Because no working class/social housing tenants voted leave.....
Pie and Mash
Boarding Hall of Fame
Boarding Hall of Fame

PostPosted by Off The Hook » Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:36 am

Classic Intercourse wrote:
Off The Hook wrote:

Of course there are, but I've never seen a righty disrupt a debate because someone was expressing a different view to theirs.

I find that there are a disproportionate amount of these loons on the left and it somewhat discredits the movement and undermines what are pretty noble values and beliefs.

I'd suggest it's your political leaning which means you only notice the loons on the left, not the loons on the right.

Anyways, the right loons are usually on the panel not in the audience.
Off The Hook
Boarding Hall of Fame
Boarding Hall of Fame

PostPosted by Pie and Mash » Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:52 am

Fantastic straw man from Off the hook, "If you criticise left wing loons then you're a right wing loon".
Pie and Mash
Boarding Hall of Fame
Boarding Hall of Fame

PostPosted by Nice Username » Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:58 am

Weird how the nutters are never social democrats or moderate Tories isn't it? Far left and far right flock together like they always have done.
Nice Username
Elite Boarder
Elite Boarder

PostPosted by Off The Hook » Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:01 am

Nice Username wrote:Weird how the nutters are never social democrats or moderate Tories isn't it? Far left and far right flock together like they always have done.

It's not really weird though is it? If your opinions are outside the accepted norm, you're going to have to shout to be heard, you're going to be perceived by those with mainstream views as a 'nutter', you'll have to wear Licquorice Allsorts shorts to be seen.
Off The Hook
Boarding Hall of Fame
Boarding Hall of Fame

PostPosted by Nice Username » Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:06 am

There is a reason that the views are outside the mainstream, it's because nobody with half a brain takes it seriously. Look how much Corbyn had to water down his lunacy just to get within 60 odd seats.
Nice Username
Elite Boarder
Elite Boarder

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat