FAO: Dingy Dog

Counting, pictures of diesel trains and crap threads moved from General Chat.

FAO: Dingy Dog

PostPosted by Pie and Mash » Tue May 24, 2016 9:54 am

I note ITV are doing another fly-on-the-wall documentary about Heathrow staff (been about a half dozen of these IIRC), you featured in this or previous ones?

Remember the last one was about BA staff and there was this one over the top camp customer host who made it his life’s goal to get those gold stars that rich people can hand out. Do you know that guy?
Pie and Mash
Boarding Hall of Fame
Boarding Hall of Fame

Re: FAO: Dingy Dog

PostPosted by Schrödinger's dog » Tue May 24, 2016 2:41 pm

Nope. I would never want to be seen on TV. The top regular travellers can hand out 'golden tickets' to staff who offer 'outstanding customer services'. If the 'camp customer host' was middle aged with short hair then I remember him and he was pretty good at his job and quite a decent fellow. I have no idea what he got for getting a golden ticket.

I cringe when I see my colleagues playing up to the cameras and doing all that happy smiley, 'yes sir', 'enjoy your flight' routine. When away from the cameras they spend most of the day facebooking on their phones and eating bags of crisps. And they always chose the prettiest girls to film though.

I used to work with that Jeremy Spake bloke who used to be the Aeroflot guy on 'Airport'. He kept it quiet on his website that he was now working on the ticket desk for BA and not opening summer fetes and supermarkets snymore. He was an annoying tw*t of the highest order. He had a 'fan club' but he would vet applicants before accepting them and would always bang on about all his show biz mates to anyone who would listen.
Schrödinger's dog
Boarding Heavyweight
Boarding Heavyweight

Return to Oh! What! Rubbish!