BigChinwell
Level One Boarder
Level One Boarder

Re: LOSC Beer Festival and England v Scotland

PostPosted by HARVEY T DENTON » Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:13 am

Timmo wrote:
Timmo wrote:
Timmo wrote:
Timmo wrote:We have a beer festival on Friday 11th of November, doors open at 5pm.
Beers from many lesser known brewers based around London will be
featured and we will also be picking up our award for the CAMRA Greater
London Club Of The Year. Admission is free.
We will be showing the World Cup qualifying match against
Scotland ko 7.45pm on the same evening so come along and
have some decent beer and hopefully a decent match too!
HARVEY T DENTON
Level Four Boarder
Level Four Boarder

PostPosted by LeytonOstone » Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:38 am

OK - I give up - a simple idea to improve the service to the customers who pay to belong to the SC - yes it wins awards but doesn't mean there still isn't room for improvement...complacency is a bad thing.

Very disappointed by this and the general negativity towards a members suggestion for improvement.
LeytonOstone
Level One Boarder
Level One Boarder

PostPosted by HARVEY T DENTON » Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:30 am

Them the breaks LeytonOstone, chin(well) up.
HARVEY T DENTON
Level Four Boarder
Level Four Boarder

PostPosted by BigChinwell » Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:40 am

Sorry you feel this way LeytonOstone but I had explained the difficulties and why we cannot put tasting notes. Unfortantly most of us are balancing our actual working life as well as our time we give up voluntary at the SC.

I am not purposely being negative towards you, I have answered your question. We are never complacent and we regularly talk about change and improvements. There has been lots of things that I am constantly trying to bring into play to help the smooth running and enjoyment at the bar, the previously mentioned mini jar pots to help out for instance.

We are more than happy to help you with your choice on a match day, and to give samples, we spend a lot of time planning each match day to make sure everything is as varied as possible.
BigChinwell
Level One Boarder
Level One Boarder

PostPosted by jonesm » Fri Nov 04, 2016 1:06 pm

Why doesn't LeytonOstone volunteer his services.
Always thought our Clubhouse was too small.
Beer Festival would be best chance to sample a beer than matchday.
jonesm
Level One Boarder
Level One Boarder

PostPosted by BigChinwell » Fri Nov 04, 2016 3:58 pm

People are always welcome to put their names forward to help out. Suggestions are also always welcome.
BigChinwell
Level One Boarder
Level One Boarder

PostPosted by LeytonOstone » Sat Nov 05, 2016 3:33 pm

Sad to say I and my father will not be renewing our membership at the end of the season. Even the word 'citrus' added to the beer notes on the doors would have been enough - 3 seconds per note? - but not even that... disappointed , having been a member for more than 35 years.
LeytonOstone
Level One Boarder
Level One Boarder

PostPosted by Disoriented » Sat Nov 05, 2016 4:24 pm

LeytonOstone wrote:Sad to say I and my father will not be renewing our membership at the end of the season. Even the word 'citrus' added to the beer notes on the doors would have been enough - 3 seconds per note? - but not even that... disappointed , having been a member for more than 35 years.

Here's an idea - why don't you taste the beers then write your own notes? Just a thought.
Disoriented
Level Five Boarder
Level Five Boarder

PostPosted by Timmo » Sat Nov 05, 2016 4:47 pm

Timmo wrote:We have a beer festival on Friday 11th of November, doors open at 5pm.
Timmo
Level Five Boarder
Level Five Boarder

PostPosted by LeytonOstone » Sat Nov 05, 2016 8:25 pm

Disoriented wrote:
LeytonOstone wrote:Sad to say I and my father will not be renewing our membership at the end of the season. Even the word 'citrus' added to the beer notes on the doors would have been enough - 3 seconds per note? - but not even that... disappointed , having been a member for more than 35 years.

Here's an idea - why don't you taste the beers then write your own notes? Just a thought.

Thank you for your constructive comment.
LeytonOstone
Level One Boarder
Level One Boarder

PostPosted by Disoriented » Sun Nov 06, 2016 3:25 pm

No problem. Would be even better if you could also make the notes available online to help out the rest of us. Many thanks.
Disoriented
Level Five Boarder
Level Five Boarder

PostPosted by Timmo » Sun Nov 06, 2016 3:29 pm

Timmo wrote:
Timmo
Level Five Boarder
Level Five Boarder

PostPosted by Off The Hook » Sun Nov 06, 2016 3:34 pm

Just to warn you, no one writes 'hints of gassy piss' on the Kronenbourg in the South Stand bar if you're thinking of taking your custom there.
Off The Hook
Boarding Hall of Fame
Boarding Hall of Fame

PostPosted by Nice Username » Sun Nov 06, 2016 5:50 pm

This can't be real surely?
Nice Username
Elite Boarder
Elite Boarder

PostPosted by BigChinwell » Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:32 am

Sorry to hear that LeytonOstone, we certainly never want to hear anyone saying that.

I have worked with beer related events for a while now, and I wish it was a simple as 3 seconds worth of research but I am afraid it is not, this is of course that the brewery even has tasting notes for their beer, which quite often they do not and when they are there we are lucky that they would be 100% correct. If I had time to be at the club before match days to go through every beer trying them and writing tasting notes then I would, but again my interpretation of how a beer tastes could be very different to yours and I would not want to miss lead you into buying another beer you do not like.

Apart from letting you try as much free beer as you want I can't see what we can do more. It is a real shame that you have decided to not renew your membership because I have given you an honest answer to your question, especially in a time when we are receiving lots of great compliments and seem to be a lot of peoples only real reason for continuing to come Orient when things are as bad as they are at the moment.

Hopefully you change your mind.
BigChinwell
Level One Boarder
Level One Boarder

PostPosted by Eddie von Sphincter » Mon Nov 07, 2016 6:22 pm

You sound like a right d!ck.
Eddie von Sphincter
Boarding Hall of Fame
Boarding Hall of Fame

PostPosted by LeytonOstone » Tue Nov 08, 2016 8:52 am

thanks for your response Mr Chinwell - the situation is understood.

Its a real shame that some people on this post have resorted to name calling/insults/trolling when all I have done is made my views known - hope you are proud of yourself Mr Sphincter.
LeytonOstone
Level One Boarder
Level One Boarder

PostPosted by orient1 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 8:29 pm

BigChinwell wrote:Sorry to hear that LeytonOstone, we certainly never want to hear anyone saying that.

I have worked with beer related events for a while now, and I wish it was a simple as 3 seconds worth of research but I am afraid it is not, this is of course that the brewery even has tasting notes for their beer, which quite often they do not and when they are there we are lucky that they would be 100% correct. If I had time to be at the club before match days to go through every beer trying them and writing tasting notes then I would, but again my interpretation of how a beer tastes could be very different to yours and I would not want to miss lead you into buying another beer you do not like.

Apart from letting you try as much free beer as you want I can't see what we can do more. It is a real shame that you have decided to not renew your membership because I have given you an honest answer to your question, especially in a time when we are receiving lots of great compliments and seem to be a lot of peoples only real reason for continuing to come Orient when things are as bad as they are at the moment.

Hopefully you change your mind.

" letting you try as much free beer as you want "
I'll go along with that.
orient1
Elite Boarder
Elite Boarder

PostPosted by BigChinwell » Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:51 am

Within reason ;)
BigChinwell
Level One Boarder
Level One Boarder