Do you support an NFL team?

Post about Leyton Orient or anything else

Re: Do you support an NFL team?

PostPosted by TheBestFred » Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:38 am

OrlandO wrote:Jaguars fan (live about an hour away from Jacksonville) and Florida Gators in college.

Been going to a lot of Orlando Magic games too lately.

Where abouts in Orlando are you OrlandO? I spent Christmas in Port St. Lucie and new year down in Boynton Beach. Still not been to a Magic game despite spending around 2 months a year in Fl. Is it easy to get tickets?
TheBestFred
Level Five Boarder
Level Five Boarder

PostPosted by Loyal_Supporter » Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:43 am

One O In Huntingdon wrote:New York Jets, reckon I just love a loser

Brother supports the LA Rams....imagine how he feells!!
Loyal_Supporter
Elite Boarder
Elite Boarder

PostPosted by GoochDogHighFives » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:31 am

Loyal_Supporter wrote:
One O In Huntingdon wrote:New York Jets, reckon I just love a loser

Brother supports the LA Rams....imagine how he feells!!

That game the other week against the Seahawks was one of the worst performances I have ever seen!!
GoochDogHighFives
Level Five Boarder
Level Five Boarder

PostPosted by GoochDogHighFives » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:35 am

Three Vikings fans on here!!

They remind me of us a bit. Often show promise but mess up at the end. Often ignored in end of season round ups. Four Super Bowls, four defeats SKOL!!!

Next season we need a thread on here to disciss all things NFL. To be honest I am enjoying it more than Assoc Football at the moment. Thanks in no small part to the stuff that has been happening at our gaff for the past 2 and a half years.

Anyway, watch the bloody Packers go all the way now. (as i predicted six weeks ago)
GoochDogHighFives
Level Five Boarder
Level Five Boarder

PostPosted by TheBestFred » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:03 am

GoochDogHighFives wrote:Three Vikings fans on here!!

They remind me of us a bit. Often show promise but mess up at the end. Often ignored in end of season round ups. Four Super Bowls, four defeats SKOL!!!

Next season we need a thread on here to disciss all things NFL. To be honest I am enjoying it more than Assoc Football at the moment. Thanks in no small part to the stuff that has been happening at our gaff for the past 2 and a half years.

Anyway, watch the bloody Packers go all the way now. (as i predicted six weeks ago)

Aaron Rodgers seems to have hit form at the perfect time hasn't he..... I hate the Packers. Pretty much for the same reason that I don't like AFC Wimbledon - because everyone says you have to like them because they're fan owned. f*** off.

Anyway I had the "Pleasure" of watching him tear us a new one on New years eve and certainly think they'll take some beating. However I'm backing the Cowboys to beat them this weekend and a Patriots - Cowboys Superbowl. With the Patriots winning.

With Dex Bryant, Dak Prescott and Eziekiel Elliot's ages averaging about 24, we could be entering an era of Dallas dominance.

As for the Vikings - I think AP and Cordarelle Patterson will leave, freeing up budget for a new running back and a couple of offensive line men that will turn us into a play-off team. Last years defence was still one of the best about with Harrison Smith and Xavier Rhodes still young aswell.
TheBestFred
Level Five Boarder
Level Five Boarder

PostPosted by OrlandO » Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:46 pm

TheBestFred wrote:
OrlandO wrote:Jaguars fan (live about an hour away from Jacksonville) and Florida Gators in college.

Where abouts in Orlando are you OrlandO? I spent Christmas in Port St. Lucie and new year down in Boynton Beach. Still not been to a Magic game despite spending around 2 months a year in Fl. Is it easy to get tickets?

We're in a place called Deland about 45mins north of Orlando, close to Daytona Beach.

Very easy to get tickets for the Magic unless they're playing Golden State or the Cavs. Looking at around $10 at the top and 50 in the lower bowl.
OrlandO

PostPosted by Level Ten Boarder » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:27 pm

An American Football thread without it turning on to a thread slagging off American Football, makes a change.

Sometimes I actually think I prefer it to Football, now being one of those times.

I support Atlanta Falcons since I first got into NFL in the early/mid 90s due to the Madden Megadrive games, and cemented this in the early 00s when Vick was QB, and have seen them live twice at that time. Vick is also my favourite ever player.

I really think Falcons have a great chance to win the Superbowl this year, though Seahawks on Saturday will be very tough, as they know how to win - last year they had clearly put something good together and have built well on that, with one of the best offences there's has been for years. I really like QB Matt Ryan and think he is finally getting the plaudits he deserves and may end up as MVP, and in Julio Jones they have imo the best WR in the NFL - him versus Sherman will be great to watch this weekend.

Freeman is a great RB (though Leveon Bell at Stealers has impressed me greatly this year) and they also have Coleman - these two RBs plus Jones are why they are the top scorers in the NFL this year, by all most 100 points over almost every other team I think.

Add in WRs Taylor Gabriel and Mo Sanu to the offensive line, it's been so good to watch even if they don't progress any further.
Level Ten Boarder
Elite Boarder
Elite Boarder

PostPosted by TheBestFred » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:40 pm

OrlandO wrote:
TheBestFred wrote:

We're in a place called Deland about 45mins north of Orlando, close to Daytona Beach.

Very easy to get tickets for the Magic unless they're playing Golden State or the Cavs. Looking at around $10 at the top and 50 in the lower bowl.

Well i'm next there in May so if the season's not finished I'll definitely get to a game.... if not I might drive down to Miami.

Girlfriend's Dad go's to some bike thing in Daytona. Absolutely loves it there. I think it's about a 4 hour drive from Tampa?
TheBestFred
Level Five Boarder
Level Five Boarder

PostPosted by TheBestFred » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:44 pm

Level Ten Boarder wrote:An American Football thread without it turning on to a thread slagging off American Football, makes a change.

Sometimes I actually think I prefer it to Football, now being one of those times.

I support Atlanta Falcons since I first got into NFL in the early/mid 90s due to the Madden Megadrive games, and cemented this in the early 00s when Vick was QB, and have seen them live twice at that time. Vick is also my favourite ever player.

I really think Falcons have a great chance to win the Superbowl this year, though Seahawks on Saturday will be very tough, as they know how to win - last year they had clearly put something good together and have built well on that, with one of the best offences there's has been for years. I really like QB Matt Ryan and think he is finally getting the plaudits he deserves and may end up as MVP, and in Julio Jones they have imo the best WR in the NFL - him versus Sherman will be great to watch this weekend.

Freeman is a great RB (though Leveon Bell at Stealers has impressed me greatly this year) and they also have Coleman - these two RBs plus Jones are why they are the top scorers in the NFL this year, by all most 100 points over almost every other team I think.

Add in WRs Taylor Gabriel and Mo Sanu to the offensive line, it's been so good to watch even if they don't progress any further.

I've backed the Seahawks to beat you this weekend. Although it will be close I'm sure and could go either way.

I watched Leveon Bell tear the Dolphins a new one last weekend - he really impressed me. With him, Freeman and "Zeek" I think AP's days as the best RB in the league are well and truly over, especially with him being 32 this year.

I love Sherman and will 100% be watching this weekend.
TheBestFred
Level Five Boarder
Level Five Boarder

PostPosted by EliotNes » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:22 pm

BTT

No I don't and after numerous attempts by various friends to explain the game to me, I still don't get it. But after reading John Grisham's Calico Joe, I now understand baseball.
EliotNes
Elite Boarder
Elite Boarder

PostPosted by TheBestFred » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:30 am

EliotNes wrote:BTT

No I don't and after numerous attempts by various friends to explain the game to me, I still don't get it. But after reading John Grisham's Calico Joe, I now understand baseball.

I was the same as you. I understood it but didn't really see the skill in it or the point of it.

Then I went outside and threw a football around with a few people in america and realised how difficult a skill it is to manipulate the ball like Aaron Rogers or Tom Brady and had a new found respect. Then i watched Antonio Brown fly down the wing faster than anything i've ever seen on a football pitch.... then I started watching the Vikings and was hooked.

As a side note I'm now pretty decent at throwing a football. Even by American standards. Not that that will surprise anyone.
TheBestFred
Level Five Boarder
Level Five Boarder

PostPosted by Smiffy » Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:45 am

Being a Redskins fan is so frustrating, powerful offence but no defence, a quarterback that has thrown for 4000 yards + in each of the last 2 seasons, yet still cannot lead an offence in the way Aaron Rogers, both the Mannings and Andrew uck can to name just a few..
Smiffy
Level Five Boarder
Level Five Boarder

PostPosted by The BrewMaster » Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:03 am

SF 49ers.
Simply cos I have family in California.
Absolute rubbish, like The O's, this season.
The BrewMaster

PostPosted by TheBestFred » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:21 pm

Smiffy wrote:Being a Redskins fan is so frustrating, powerful offence but no defence, a quarterback that has thrown for 4000 yards + in each of the last 2 seasons, yet still cannot lead an offence in the way Aaron Rogers, both the Mannings and Andrew uck can to name just a few..

Tbf Rogers, Manning(s) & Brady will probably go down among the best QB's in history along with the Marino's Montana's and Farve's.

So I think it's unfair to compare the likes of Roethlisberger, Cam newton, Kirk Cousins and Sam Bradford with them. They're all still good QB's.
TheBestFred
Level Five Boarder
Level Five Boarder

PostPosted by leytonstoneRed07 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:13 pm

My sister moved to Houston around the time Channel 4 first started showing American Football so I started following the Oilers. I guess I always followed teams that are used to losing!!
Lost interest when they did a MK Dons and moved cities.

Have a soft spot for Seattle now but that is more to do with Pearl Jam rather than the sport.
leytonstoneRed07
Level One Boarder
Level One Boarder

PostPosted by Turk » Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:38 pm

Packers fan since 92 when I watched a special on them on 4 and it showed that the fire engines were green and at the time I wanted to be a fireman. The logic of a 12 year old

Always had a soft spot for Detroit Lions because of the first Beverley Hills Cop film and Axel Foleys Lions jacket
Turk
Elite Boarder
Elite Boarder

PostPosted by LeighO » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:37 pm

Smiffy wrote:Being a Redskins fan is so frustrating, powerful offence but no defence, a quarterback that has thrown for 4000 yards + in each of the last 2 seasons, yet still cannot lead an offence in the way Aaron Rogers, both the Mannings and Andrew uck can to name just a few..

KC has had to throw too much as we have virtually no running game. Only Morris and Portis any good in about a decade.
LeighO
Level Three Boarder
Level Three Boarder

PostPosted by Level Ten Boarder » Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:57 pm

TheBestFred wrote:
Level Ten Boarder wrote:An American Football thread without it turning on to a thread slagging off American Football, makes a change.

I've backed the Seahawks to beat you this weekend. Although it will be close I'm sure and could go either way.

I watched Leveon Bell tear the Dolphins a new one last weekend - he really impressed me. With him, Freeman and "Zeek" I think AP's days as the best RB in the league are well and truly over, especially with him being 32 this year.

I love Sherman and will 100% be watching this weekend.

I certainly think it will be the most interesting game of this round and maybe the most entertaining too.

On Seahawks, I like Wilson, Sherman obviously because he's class but I'm always most impressed with Kim Chancellor, think he's brilliant. They certainly were a great team for a few years, and Marshawn Lynch was Brilliant to watch.

Seahawks won the regular season game (just) and doubled up on Jones a lot but I think Falcons just have more options now - cannot wait for this one though.
Level Ten Boarder
Elite Boarder
Elite Boarder

PostPosted by Level Ten Boarder » Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:24 am

Really enjoyed that game. Falcons could beat anyone with that offence, though hoping for Packers at home next time round.
Level Ten Boarder
Elite Boarder
Elite Boarder

PostPosted by GoochDogHighFives » Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:32 am

Packers Cowboys
Wow, just wow. THAT is why NFL is so great.
And as I have been saying for two months. Don't write Green Bay off
GoochDogHighFives
Level Five Boarder
Level Five Boarder

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat