This is Like Torture......

Post about Leyton Orient or anything else

This is Like Torture......

PostPosted by ComeOnYouOsRS » Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:10 pm

....waiting to see if the club is sold....to whom it is sold...will it make things better.........etc etc ...... or will Becchetti just wind up the club, forcing it into administration, which would then beg the question, will someone buy it, or will it just die forever......if it was saved, then 10 points ( at least) would be subtracted from our total making relegation to non league almost inevitable

The uncertainty is unbearable as far as Im concerned........and this charade could go on for a very long time too
ComeOnYouOsRS
Elite Boarder
Elite Boarder

Re: This is Like Torture......

PostPosted by Chief crazy horse » Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:34 pm

Relax Comeon, it's out of your hands.
Chief crazy horse
Elite Boarder
Elite Boarder

PostPosted by French polisher » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:04 pm

ComeOnYouOsRS wrote:....waiting to see if the club is sold....to whom it is sold...will it make things better.........etc etc ...... or will Becchetti just wind up the club, forcing it into administration, which would then beg the question, will someone buy it, or will it just die forever......if it was saved, then 10 points ( at least) would be subtracted from our total making relegation to non league almost inevitable

The uncertainty is unbearable as far as Im concerned........and this charade could go on for a very long time too

So true.
My take - there will be no more loans from Leyton Orient Holdings Ltd to Leyton Orient FC. Just a question of time until we go into administration or a £5 buys the club again.
French polisher
Level Three Boarder
Level Three Boarder

PostPosted by Off The Hook » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:18 pm

It's not actually like torture though, is it?
Off The Hook
Boarding Hall of Fame
Boarding Hall of Fame

PostPosted by gshaw » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:23 pm

If FB at least keeps the lights on and the wages paid we have an outside chance of staying in League 2 by sole virtue of the clubs below us.

If he pulls funding completely and cashes in the debts then it's goodnight I think.
gshaw
Level Five Boarder
Level Five Boarder

PostPosted by dOh nut » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:42 pm

gshaw wrote:If FB at least keeps the lights on and the wages paid we have an outside chance of staying in League 2 by sole virtue of the clubs below us.

If he pulls funding completely and cashes in the debts then it's goodnight I think.

Sums it up. We are at the mercy of FB big time. Given his irrational behaviour and seemingly vindictive streak its anybody's guess. Could just as easily pump another million into the club having made the point just how much we need his cash. Anybody organising a protest?
dOh nut
Boarding Hall of Fame
Boarding Hall of Fame

PostPosted by HastaLaVista » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:15 am

Would think we are at this point because a protest was organised and carried out to which he's taken great offence. He may be thinking that not giving us any clue what he will do next is a good punishment for us. Or he might be deciding what next move is best for him. As ever, we can only wait till he decides to tell us.
HastaLaVista
Level Two Boarder
Level Two Boarder

PostPosted by A Pedant » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:37 am

HastaLaVista wrote:Would think we are at this point because a protest was organised and carried out to which he's taken great offence.

Does anyone really think he's so thin-skinned? He waved off with a smirk insults being shouted directly to him from below the balcony in the ground, on two separate occasions. If he was that liable to strop off in a sulk he'd have done so then.

No, we've seen that if he's riled then he lashes out (quite literally at Hessenthaler). At the first hint of protest last April he put out that creepy video and tried to get the fans on his side, seven months later his reaction was to stay away.

Far more likely is that he's done his money, the family aren't prepared to back his 'project' any more because he's making an almighty hash of it, and he wants out.
A Pedant
Level Four Boarder
Level Four Boarder

PostPosted by WasSpike » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:52 am

gshaw wrote:

I see many references like this to FB calling in his loans.

How could he "cash in the debts"?. I don't mean that like, "how could he do such a thing?". I mean, how, practically, could he get cash out of the club in order to pay back his intercompany debts?

Can anyone indicate how he can get repaid, 'cos I can't see it.
WasSpike
Level Five Boarder
Level Five Boarder

PostPosted by HastaLaVista » Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:08 pm

I see there's another thread started now called Was LOFT Protest Poorly Timed. It seems to follow my thought that Mr B doesn't mind a bit of finger waving from some of the crowd but an organised protest march supported by enough people for it to be reported on TV and in the papers is humiliating. Shows his venture is a failure to date and I think failure isn't acceptable to him and his family.
HastaLaVista
Level Two Boarder
Level Two Boarder

PostPosted by PoundhillO » Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:00 pm

HastaLaVista wrote:I see there's another thread started now called Was LOFT Protest Poorly Timed. It seems to follow my thought that Mr B doesn't mind a bit of finger waving from some of the crowd but an organised protest march supported by enough people for it to be reported on TV and in the papers is humiliating. Shows his venture is a failure to date and I think failure isn't acceptable to him and his family.

Whether failure is acceptable to B*llsh*tti and his family is acceptable does not detract from the fact that that he has been a massive failure in reality and no doubt he is a great embarrassment to his family
PoundhillO
Level Five Boarder
Level Five Boarder

PostPosted by Smiley Culture » Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:08 pm

We're not definitely for sale anyway, all we've had is a poorly written Waltham Forest Guardian article that provides no evidence or quotes to substantiate their claims.
Smiley Culture
Boarding Heavyweight
Boarding Heavyweight

PostPosted by Rambling Man » Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:12 pm

Don't hold your breath. These things take time even when there is an interested buyer.
Rambling Man
Level Two Boarder
Level Two Boarder

PostPosted by Jeepster » Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:18 pm

Coco should be used to business venture failure by now. All the operating businesses he's fronted have basically floundered. The Family - particularly Uncle Manlio whose dodgy waste mgmt business continues to turn rubbish into money - probably have a different view of Frankie's projects.

How might he get his money back from Orient? Only 4 ways I can see:
1. Turn things around and storm up the Leagues a la Bournemouth to feed at the PL trough. Likelihood=0.01%
2. Get another egotistical mug to pay off his loans like he did Bazza's. Likelihood=1% all the loans, 5% some of the loans
3. Put us in administration, offload the Club, and take advantage of the latest FL creditor rules so he might get back 35p in the pound. Likelihood=20%
4. Sell the majority stake in the club as a going concern with a contractual contingent liability to pay his loans off in instalments if it ever makes a profit within a certain timeframe (say 10 years). Likelihood=20%

Every other scenario he loses the lot. Likelihood=hot favourite
Jeepster
Elite Boarder
Elite Boarder

PostPosted by Off The Hook » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:12 pm

As others have pointed out, if no 'buyer' comes on the scene, then the best point for him to pull the plug is late July/early August once all the season ticket money has come in and he can withdraw that from the club before calling in the liquidators. That's if he's really vindictive.
Off The Hook
Boarding Hall of Fame
Boarding Hall of Fame

PostPosted by WasSpike » Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:48 pm

Jeepster wrote:Coco should be used to business venture failure by now. All the operating businesses he's fronted have basically floundered. The Family - particularly Uncle Manlio whose dodgy waste mgmt business continues to turn rubbish into money - probably have a different view of Frankie's projects.

How might he get his money back from Orient? Only 4 ways I can see:
1. Turn things around and storm up the Leagues a la Bournemouth to feed at the PL trough. Likelihood=0.01%
2. Get another egotistical mug to pay off his loans like he did Bazza's. Likelihood=1% all the loans, 5% some of the loans

3. Put us in administration, offload the Club, and take advantage of the latest FL creditor rules so he might get back 35p in the pound. Likelihood=20%
4. Sell the majority stake in the club as a going concern with a contractual contingent liability to pay his loans off in instalments if it ever makes a profit within a certain timeframe (say 10 years). Likelihood=20%

Every other scenario he loses the lot. Likelihood=hot favourite

Ooooh ! What's that ? Does the FL actually put money in to Clubs that go into Admin?
WasSpike
Level Five Boarder
Level Five Boarder

PostPosted by Jeepster » Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:51 pm

Sadly not. Here's the newish procedures:

http://www.efl.com/news/article/2015/fo ... 83914.aspx
Jeepster
Elite Boarder
Elite Boarder

PostPosted by WasSpike » Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:58 pm

Oh right - so he's still potentially in the "getting blood from a stone" situation with regard to his own loans. From my skim of that doc anyway (and logically - if there's no cash in the bank, he gets hee haw, no matter how much he says the club owes him)
WasSpike
Level Five Boarder
Level Five Boarder

PostPosted by dOh nut » Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:03 pm

Not really about him getting his money back. More about not shelling out any more.
dOh nut
Boarding Hall of Fame
Boarding Hall of Fame

PostPosted by East Side Intellectual » Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:17 pm

I think some people should grow a pair. :(
East Side Intellectual
Boarding Heavyweight
Boarding Heavyweight

Next

Return to General Chat