Was LOFT Protest poorly timed?

Post about Leyton Orient or anything else

Re: Was LOFT Protest poorly timed?

PostPosted by dOh nut » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:27 pm

People just don't get it. Not about the merits of the protest of feelings. Protest, club suffers. Worth while, not really.
dOh nut
Boarding Hall of Fame
Boarding Hall of Fame

PostPosted by franklymrshankly » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:37 pm

MafiosO wrote:People just don't get it. Not about the merits of the protest of feelings. Protest, club suffers. Worth while, not really.

So basically stand back, suck it up and let 'them' do what ever they want. No thanks.

He had plenty of chances to PROPERLY communicate with the supporters but failed drastically like he failed with everything else. You tell me what options were open other then letting him know that we weren't going to stand back and accept the way he was running things?
franklymrshankly
Level Five Boarder
Level Five Boarder

PostPosted by ChingfordRed » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:38 pm

Sit down, be quiet and watch Orient lose their Football League status in silence, great idea.
Last edited by ChingfordRed on Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ChingfordRed
Boarding Hall of Fame
Boarding Hall of Fame

PostPosted by franklymrshankly » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:40 pm

MafiosO wrote:People just don't get it. Not about the merits of the protest of feelings. Protest, club suffers. Worth while, not really.

And your repsonse in no way implies the club were suffering anyway which a blind man can see we are.
franklymrshankly
Level Five Boarder
Level Five Boarder

PostPosted by osal » Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:08 pm

franklymrshankly wrote:

So basically stand back, suck it up and let 'them' do what ever they want. No thanks.

He had plenty of chances to PROPERLY communicate with the supporters but failed drastically like he failed with everything else. You tell me what options were open other then letting him know that we weren't going to stand back and accept the way he was running things?

So basically the situation is status quo pre/post protest. I have nothing against people protesting, if they want to and good on them if they do. But it hasn't changed anything and to be fair, I guess the people who protested, didn't really expect the situation to change. Becchetti, was never going to listen and the only way things will ever improve, is if and when he goes ...... In my opinion, the sooner the better, stating the obvious.
osal
Level Three Boarder
Level Three Boarder

PostPosted by matador » Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:20 pm

ChingfordRed wrote:Sit down, be quiet and watch Orient lose their Football League status in silence, great idea.

Could argue that we are at risk of being booed down to the vanarama national!
matador
Boarding Heavyweight
Boarding Heavyweight

PostPosted by matador » Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:27 pm

McGleish is God wrote:Not sure I entirely agree with you there Bot.
So by that I assume it's better to protest against the top brass if you're in a higher position in the league so that when you have annoyed them to that extent they want to leave, that it will not affect the team as much as if they were in a more precarious situation?
So basically these guys can act in any derogatory way towards the fans and the players, using the club, but as long as we are competing at the top end it doesn't matter?
This is exactly what is wrong with football now in my opinion and it will only get worse.
OTH is correct, this thread is a wind up

What I'm saying is, surely do a risk assessment before getting the placards out. They knew we were millions in debt and they knew that the previous protest rattled becchetti and they knew we were in and around the relegation zone. Taking into account these facts, is it wise to do what they did? Could it have been done at a better time?

Consider this: if instead we'd just done a standard Cavasin OUT protest, Cavasin would've been sacked(fb did pull the trigger when asked) we'd still most likely have got Edwards and perhaps not have offended The President off so much that we dont have a penny to spend this window.
matador
Boarding Heavyweight
Boarding Heavyweight

PostPosted by LothariO » Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:46 pm

Slow day at work Lester?
LothariO
Level Four Boarder
Level Four Boarder

PostPosted by dOh nut » Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:53 pm

franklymrshankly wrote:

I am willing to bet every poster on this forum has experienced a time when they wanted to kick off over something, poor boss, rude client, difficult neighbour, etc and kept quiet for the greater good. It happens, it's life, life ain't always fair or right.

The protest has increased our chances of non-league football, even administration. If people cannot see that then there is no point in discussing it much further. I live in the real world, sometimes that means sucking it up, tough. We all know that.
dOh nut
Boarding Hall of Fame
Boarding Hall of Fame

PostPosted by Jeepster » Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:57 pm

MafiosO wrote:...kept quiet for the greater good...
:lol:

But well played, chemong. Thread is success.
Jeepster
Elite Boarder
Elite Boarder

PostPosted by franklymrshankly » Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:34 pm

MafiosO wrote:
franklymrshankly wrote:

I am willing to bet every poster on this forum has experienced a time when they wanted to kick off over something, poor boss, rude client, difficult neighbour, etc and kept quiet for the greater good. It happens, it's life, life ain't always fair or right.

The protest has increased our chances of non-league football, even administration. If people cannot see that then there is no point in discussing it much further. I live in the real world, sometimes that means sucking it up, tough. We all know that.

If relegations means we're rid of the current regime then it's a price I'm willing to accept and I wouldn't mind betting that I'm not alone with those thoughts.
franklymrshankly
Level Five Boarder
Level Five Boarder

PostPosted by Proposition Joe » Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:56 pm

Pie and Mash wrote:LOFT have played a blinder here and will get their endgame which they've always wanted (Especially Roper) soon enough.

LOFT encourage mass protest --> Owner gets the hump and fu*ks off ---> Club goes bust --> Phoenix club is formed with LOFT in charge

Probably closer to the truth than you think. We know Roper Orient FC has already been set up in Africa as a test run.
Proposition Joe
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PostPosted by Jeepster » Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:59 pm

:D I wonder if OFF hasn't been having Ugandan Discussions with Gift Robert Oyo about twinning?
Jeepster
Elite Boarder
Elite Boarder

PostPosted by Rambling Man » Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:01 pm

franklymrshankly wrote:If relegations means we're rid of the current regime then it's a price I'm willing to accept and I wouldn't mind betting that I'm not alone with those thoughts.

Yes, I'm afraid that's right.
Rambling Man
Level Two Boarder
Level Two Boarder

PostPosted by ChingfordRed » Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:03 pm

MafiosO wrote:I am willing to bet every poster on this forum has experienced a time when they wanted to kick off over something, poor boss, rude client, difficult neighbour, etc and kept quiet for the greater good. It happens, it's life, life ain't always fair or right.

Jesus f***ing Christ!!
ChingfordRed
Boarding Hall of Fame
Boarding Hall of Fame

PostPosted by Hutch » Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:16 pm

Always remember, Chingy, that Mafy is cleverer than you - cleverer than everyone else on this board combined - and is the only person who has ever lived in the real world.

We may forever remember his piercingly wise and immortal words "suck it up" as they echo down the centuries. For they spell the way forward for our club.
Hutch
Level Five Boarder
Level Five Boarder

PostPosted by Off The Hook » Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:20 pm

Watching letter and mafioso tag wum is like watching neeson and mcgregor in that sh!t newer Star Wars.
Off The Hook
Boarding Hall of Fame
Boarding Hall of Fame

PostPosted by dOh nut » Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:31 pm

You all understand the point I am making, just don't like it. I would bet money you have all at one time or another kept quiet, despite wanting to rage. So looking at the alternative you must believe to outcome of the protest has enhanced the future of our club.

Believe it or not I sincerely hope you are right. I await a fans buyout or a new owner arriving in time to bolster our squad. Or maybe Hearn will stick in a few quid. Other than that we enter 2017 with a weak squad and inexperienced manager. Praying for two worse teams than us.

Tough times.
dOh nut
Boarding Hall of Fame
Boarding Hall of Fame

PostPosted by ChingfordRed » Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:32 pm

And it's all the fans' fault.

Damn us for not sitting there and keeping quiet while one of the worst owners Orient could've wished for rips our club apart.

Damn us!!
ChingfordRed
Boarding Hall of Fame
Boarding Hall of Fame

PostPosted by WasSpike » Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:39 pm

MafiosO wrote:You all understand the point I am making, just don't like it. I would bet money you have all at one time or another kept quiet, despite wanting to rage. So looking at the alternative you must believe to outcome of the protest has enhanced the future of our club.

Believe it or not I sincerely hope you are right. I await a fans buyout or a new owner arriving in time to bolster our squad. Or maybe Hearn will stick in a few quid. Other than that we enter 2017 with a weak squad and inexperienced manager. Praying for two worse teams than us.

Tough times.

Just in the interests of clarity, Mafy, are you stating categorically that Frankie's apparent loss of interest and apparent reduction in funding (which is yet to be proven, btw) is specifically because of the LOFT protest (as opposed to, say, his family telling him he can't waste any more money playing at football any more) ?

Or are you going to do your usual trick and say "I was just posing questions/ exploring hypothetical scenarios/ gathering peoples opinions"?
WasSpike
Level Five Boarder
Level Five Boarder

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat