Was LOFT Protest poorly timed?

Post about Leyton Orient or anything else

Re: Was LOFT Protest poorly timed?

PostPosted by PoundhillO » Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:43 pm

MafiosO wrote:You all understand the point I am making, just don't like it. I would bet money you have all at one time or another kept quiet, despite wanting to rage. So looking at the alternative you must believe to outcome of the protest has enhanced the future of our club.

Believe it or not I sincerely hope you are right. I await a fans buyout or a new owner arriving in time to bolster our squad. Or maybe Hearn will stick in a few quid. Other than that we enter 2017 with a weak squad and inexperienced manager. Praying for two worse teams than us.

Tough times.


Can't believe you are still a B*llsh*tti apologist, poor B*llsh*tti being upset by true loyal fans that have seen our club dragged from Div 1 to almost relegation by a prize c*nt that has a big ego but absolutely no football common sense, no shame and no remorse, well it looks as though you are his only remaining supporter !
PoundhillO
Level Four Boarder
Level Four Boarder
 
Posts: 891
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2014 3:59 pm

Re: Was LOFT Protest poorly timed?

PostPosted by Bruce Banner » Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:44 pm

Wonder what would have happened if we had just sat back and said nothing.
Bruce Banner
Level Five Boarder
Level Five Boarder
 
Posts: 1884
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2014 4:00 pm

Re: Was LOFT Protest poorly timed?

PostPosted by ChingfordRed » Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:47 pm

PoundhillO wrote:
MafiosO wrote:You all understand the point I am making, just don't like it. I would bet money you have all at one time or another kept quiet, despite wanting to rage. So looking at the alternative you must believe to outcome of the protest has enhanced the future of our club.

Believe it or not I sincerely hope you are right. I await a fans buyout or a new owner arriving in time to bolster our squad. Or maybe Hearn will stick in a few quid. Other than that we enter 2017 with a weak squad and inexperienced manager. Praying for two worse teams than us.

Tough times.


Can't believe you are still a B*llsh*tti apologist, poor B*llsh*tti being upset by true loyal fans that have seen our club dragged from Div 1 to almost relegation by a prize c*nt that has a big ego but absolutely no football common sense, no shame and no remorse, well it looks as though you are his only remaining supporter!


Nah, there's still a few knocking about, quite unbelievable isn't it?
ChingfordRed
Boarding Hall of Fame
Boarding Hall of Fame
 
Posts: 16082
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:56 pm

Re: Was LOFT Protest poorly timed?

PostPosted by LothariO » Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:59 pm

I still can't work out if Ankles is a big enough d!ck to believe what he writes or if he's just a truly pathetic little wummer and an even bigger d!ck. Same result either way - he's just a d!ck...
LothariO
Level Four Boarder
Level Four Boarder
 
Posts: 974
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:29 pm

Re: Was LOFT Protest poorly timed?

PostPosted by Lester [Bot] » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:38 pm

WasSpike wrote:
MafiosO wrote:You all understand the point I am making, just don't like it. I would bet money you have all at one time or another kept quiet, despite wanting to rage. So looking at the alternative you must believe to outcome of the protest has enhanced the future of our club.

Believe it or not I sincerely hope you are right. I await a fans buyout or a new owner arriving in time to bolster our squad. Or maybe Hearn will stick in a few quid. Other than that we enter 2017 with a weak squad and inexperienced manager. Praying for two worse teams than us.

Tough times.



Just in the interests of clarity, Mafy, are you stating categorically that Frankie's apparent loss of interest and apparent reduction in funding (which is yet to be proven, btw) is specifically because of the LOFT protest (as opposed to, say, his family telling him he can't waste any more money playing at football any more) ?

Or are you going to do your usual trick and say "I was just posing questions/ exploring hypothetical scenarios/ gathering peoples opinions"?


Is there evidence for either theory?
User avatar
Lester [Bot]
Boarding Heavyweight
Boarding Heavyweight
 
Posts: 8646
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:15 am

Re: Was LOFT Protest poorly timed?

PostPosted by Lester [Bot] » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:40 pm

ChingfordRed wrote:And it's all the fans' fault.

Damn us for not sitting there and keeping quiet while one of the worst owners Orient could've wished for rips our club apart.

Damn us!!


The protest was 100% justified. We are looking at the timing here, a point most on this thread have missed.
User avatar
Lester [Bot]
Boarding Heavyweight
Boarding Heavyweight
 
Posts: 8646
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:15 am

Re: Was LOFT Protest poorly timed?

PostPosted by Hutch » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:45 pm

With the benefit of hindsight the timing of the protest could have been better: we should have done it the moment Slade went, in September 2014, prompting Becchetti's man-baby sulk then rather than now, and stopping too much damage while we still had something resembling a football club and team.
Last edited by Hutch on Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Hutch
Level Five Boarder
Level Five Boarder
 
Posts: 1283
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2014 3:28 pm

Re: Was LOFT Protest poorly timed?

PostPosted by Off The Hook » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:56 pm

Should've been before then - as soon as he gave Slade that ultimatum in public.
User avatar
Off The Hook
Boarding Hall of Fame
Boarding Hall of Fame
 
Posts: 13924
Joined: Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:27 am

Re: Was LOFT Protest poorly timed?

PostPosted by Lester [Bot] » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:57 pm

Can't really protest Snides career move.
User avatar
Lester [Bot]
Boarding Heavyweight
Boarding Heavyweight
 
Posts: 8646
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:15 am

Re: Was LOFT Protest poorly timed?

PostPosted by PoundhillO » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:07 pm

Lester [Bot] wrote:
ChingfordRed wrote:And it's all the fans' fault.

Damn us for not sitting there and keeping quiet while one of the worst owners Orient could've wished for rips our club apart.

Damn us!!


The protest was 100% justified. We are looking at the timing here, a point most on this thread have missed.


Protest was far too late, any fool can see that.
PoundhillO
Level Four Boarder
Level Four Boarder
 
Posts: 891
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2014 3:59 pm

Re: Was LOFT Protest poorly timed?

PostPosted by Lester [Bot] » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:10 pm

When do you think it should've been poundhillo?
User avatar
Lester [Bot]
Boarding Heavyweight
Boarding Heavyweight
 
Posts: 8646
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:15 am

Re: Was LOFT Protest poorly timed?

PostPosted by PoundhillO » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:19 pm

Lester [Bot] wrote:When do you think it should've been poundhillo?


In my view the protests should have started before we were relegated it was clear that he didn't have a clue about Div 1 football or how to choose an experienced proven Manager and by wasting shed loads of money on unnecessary Italian non player appointments and vastly overpaying out for players that were not up to it.Finally was wasting even more money paying off Managerial appointments and players contracts.
PoundhillO
Level Four Boarder
Level Four Boarder
 
Posts: 891
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2014 3:59 pm

Re: Was LOFT Protest poorly timed?

PostPosted by Hutch » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:21 pm

We did the classic thing fans do of blaming managers rather than the people that appoint them. I remember the entire away stand at Swindon singing "Liverani out" at the final whistle in May 2015, whereas there were only a handful of takers for singing "sack the board".
User avatar
Hutch
Level Five Boarder
Level Five Boarder
 
Posts: 1283
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2014 3:28 pm

Re: Was LOFT Protest poorly timed?

PostPosted by Bubblegum Tate » Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:21 am

The original LOFFT protest was the right time to do it imo, they just made a right hash of it. End of the season when we weren't going to do anything, the Nolan thing was blowing up and he had by that point had plenty of time to "learn" if he was ever going to. Problem was it was such a mess of a protest that not only was it ineffective, it meant that everyone had to pipe down for a while.

Then again, he might not have sold the club last summer and we would have started this season with no players at all. So it's either shut up and quietly let him get on with it, which is stupidity, or at some point you have to stick your head up. Lets be honest, despite what OFF says the fans have had no real effect on what has happened on the pitch and even if we didnt say a single word to FB he would have eventually got pissed off regardless if we carried on our march down the divisions.
User avatar
Bubblegum Tate
Level Three Boarder
Level Three Boarder
 
Posts: 535
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:23 pm

Re: Was LOFT Protest poorly timed?

PostPosted by captain scarlet » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:13 am

Why would Becchetti get involved with the football club in the first place? Perhaps, like Hearn originally thought, he felt that getting to the premier league with the vast wealth that awaits there would be easy if he threw some heavy cash at the club in the short term and we would be a premier league team within three years. At the meet the president evening the phrase 'take back the investment when we are successful' more or less confirmed that.

Unfortunately it doesn't work like that unless you have people at all levels at the club who know what they are doing and are left to get on with it without interference from people who, quite honestly,don't.

I think that even after our relegation that a lot of supporters were still wiling to give Becchetti the benefit of the doubt but after Nolan's sacking after four games without a win and what followed afterwards (especially with Cavasin's appointment - which was suicidal) but as a chairman/owner he was coming across as more of a liability than a benefactor. For a club support to display that sort of displeasure during the Blackpool match was unprecedented since I've been coming here. Could it have been better timed?Not really because people's patience had genuinely started to run out with him. Never really 'a good time' because it usually means that all isn't well at a club and Loft's actions were no more 'reckless' than what Becchetti has instigated here over the past three years.
captain scarlet
Level Five Boarder
Level Five Boarder
 
Posts: 1024
Joined: Sun Jun 29, 2014 8:16 pm

Re: Was LOFT Protest poorly timed?

PostPosted by French polisher » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:30 am

Bruce Banner wrote:Wonder what would have happened if we had just sat back and said nothing.



Probably would have lost most matches, been about 21st in the table with about 25 points.
French polisher
Level Two Boarder
Level Two Boarder
 
Posts: 477
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:50 pm

Re: Was LOFT Protest poorly timed?

PostPosted by Off The Hook » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:56 am

captain scarlet wrote:Why would Becchetti get involved with the football club in the first place? Perhaps, like Hearn originally thought, he felt that getting to the premier league with the vast wealth that awaits there would be easy if he threw some heavy cash at the club in the short term and we would be a premier league team within three years. At the meet the president evening the phrase 'take back the investment when we are successful' more or less confirmed that.

Unfortunately it doesn't work like that unless you have people at all levels at the club who know what they are doing and are left to get on with it without interference from people who, quite honestly,don't.


Imagine thinking you could get to the Premiership with Milanese and Anglieri heading up the club. :lol:
User avatar
Off The Hook
Boarding Hall of Fame
Boarding Hall of Fame
 
Posts: 13924
Joined: Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:27 am

Re: Was LOFT Protest poorly timed?

PostPosted by ComeOnYouOsRS » Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:48 am

I think the right time for protest was about 18 months after Becchetti took over, but the actual protest was most welcome by me. It let Becchetti know he wasnt running the club properly, which was needed.

He is an arrogant man, that cant come to terms with his failings, & this protest was sorely needed

The quicker hes gone the better, and that includes his Italian entourage who are worse than useless
User avatar
ComeOnYouOsRS
Elite Boarder
Elite Boarder
 
Posts: 2420
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:58 pm

Previous

Return to General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Leopold Bloom, Mikero, MVotO and 21 guests