Latest from Omer

Post about Leyton Orient or anything else

Re: Latest from Omer

PostPosted by ChingfordRed » Sat Jun 17, 2017 2:37 pm

Did the club even manage to fill the vacancy for a new Media & Communications Manager?

The deadline for applicants was May 24th I believe, I've seen nothing to suggest they have.
ChingfordRed
Boarding Hall of Fame
Boarding Hall of Fame

PostPosted by osal » Sat Jun 17, 2017 4:19 pm

MafiosO wrote:
RedDwarf wrote:
Hawaii Five O wrote:"I can't believe the players I have coming into the conference with us , if we get this sorted quickly we will be a force to be reckoned with"

"These players are showing such loyalty to the situation , I don't know how long we can wait for #COYOs sort it out"

Bullshit. Nobody is going to join us while this farce continues. Its one of the main reasons why Collins left.

Red, you don't live in the real world mate. There will be many, many players out there looking for clubs and the chance to join probably one of the biggest outside the league will be extremely attractive. Do you think for one second they know who Becchetti is, let alone care.

Attracting players will not be the problem. The problem is we need to start to search yesterday before the cream of what is available are signed up elsewhere. It's not our ability to attract players that is the issue, we need to fecking start looking and be in a position to make offers.

This has to be a joke, mr business guru, so you would sign up to a company, knowing they don't pay their wages on time, I don't think so. Don't forget, all these players, even at this level, will have agents and they will be fully aware of our situation. At this present time, they won't touch us with a barge pole and can't see that altering, unless there is a change of ownership!
osal
Level Three Boarder
Level Three Boarder

PostPosted by MafiosO » Sat Jun 17, 2017 4:51 pm

There will be an owner, we don't know who but there will be an owner next season. Debts have been paid and court action stopped There will be a players budget, of course. There will be a manager, again we don't know who. We will most likely complete our fixtures.

If this was not going to happen Becchetti would have saved himself £1m a couple of months ago and allowed administration. Why pay that if you are going to fold the club. Just to string out our pain for a few more months, I don't think so.

You think he's spent that money for fun? Of course not.

There will be many players out there who face a season without a club at all. Of course they would come to Orient. A risk, of course there are no guarantees in life, but better than dropping even further down the leagues to get a game and keep your career going.

We've had this nobody would come to Orient stuff before, yet players signed up.
MafiosO
Boarding Hall of Fame
Boarding Hall of Fame

PostPosted by ChingfordRed » Sat Jun 17, 2017 4:55 pm

The last two years players only signed for the over the top wages Orient gave them, safe to say they won't be getting them anymore if Becchetti stays, might not get any wages at all if the last 12 months is anything to go by.
ChingfordRed
Boarding Hall of Fame
Boarding Hall of Fame

PostPosted by MafiosO » Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:07 pm

ChingfordRed wrote:The last two years players only signed for the over the top wages Orient gave them, safe to say they won't be getting them anymore if Becchetti stays, might not get any wages at all if the last 12 months is anything to go by.

Not saying joining is risk free. Football is a risk business, managers come and go at alarming rates and players come and go at a rate too. An injury can wreck a career. Poor owners are nothing new. But that is the nature of the beast and everybody associated with the game knows that. We all know that. Players and agents know that.

If anybody believes for one second Leyton Orient Football Club are not an attractive risk to take for players trying to build, maintain or resurrect their careers then then I just don't understand that. At worst it is a chance to put yourself in the shop window and it is a site more attractive than no club or dropping down the leagues.

The issue is not getting players, it's getting the right players. For that to happen I agree we need to sort things out soon. But if people believe we could not attract players they are in cloud cuckoo land.
MafiosO
Boarding Hall of Fame
Boarding Hall of Fame

PostPosted by osal » Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:20 pm

Still think it would be difficult under Becchetti's ownership, Maf, would you sign up to a company where there is every chance, if recent events are anything to go by, that you won't get paid on time? You can't say to mortgage lenders or rental companies, sorry I can't pay on time this or that month, because by employer is stalling on paying my wages on time. Obviously no Becchetti, completely different scenario. But at present it appears it is Becchetti!
osal
Level Three Boarder
Level Three Boarder

PostPosted by Off The Hook » Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:48 am

Totally different to this time last year. People like Massey came here for the money. It's pretty clear there's no more cash being splashed, so there's no incentive for anyone to come here.
Off The Hook
Boarding Hall of Fame
Boarding Hall of Fame

PostPosted by Eddie von Sphincter » Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:53 pm

He's not happy.
Talking about untrustworthy and unloyal people making for a bad working environment and how important loyalty and trust is to him.
Poor sod.
Eddie von Sphincter
Boarding Hall of Fame
Boarding Hall of Fame

PostPosted by eagwgw » Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:54 pm

Almost sounds like someone is lined up for his job.
eagwgw
Elite Boarder
Elite Boarder

PostPosted by Eddie von Sphincter » Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:56 pm

I've been in the game a long time,but you only cross me once
Eddie von Sphincter
Boarding Hall of Fame
Boarding Hall of Fame

PostPosted by ChingfordRed » Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:56 pm

What might that be in relation to? What's happened?

Did Weir promise he'd stay?

Someone did say that Orient might have a new manager, could that be it?
Last edited by ChingfordRed on Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ChingfordRed
Boarding Hall of Fame
Boarding Hall of Fame

PostPosted by Level Ten Boarder » Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:57 pm

After the abandonment fiasco, how he has the audacity to talk about untrustworthy and disloyal is beyond me.
Last edited by Level Ten Boarder on Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Level Ten Boarder
Elite Boarder
Elite Boarder

PostPosted by ChingfordRed » Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:57 pm

Eddie von Sphincter wrote:I've been in the game a long time,but you only cross me once

Wow, he's like a mafia boss now.
ChingfordRed
Boarding Hall of Fame
Boarding Hall of Fame

PostPosted by captain scarlet » Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:58 pm

Who's writing his tweets, Bob Hoskins?
captain scarlet
Level Five Boarder
Level Five Boarder

PostPosted by ChingfordRed » Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:01 pm

If he's not going to be manager then what happens to all these players that he's apparently got lined up?

I'm assuming that they're his players that he wanted.
ChingfordRed
Boarding Hall of Fame
Boarding Hall of Fame

PostPosted by Smiley Culture » Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:02 pm

Eddie von Sphincter wrote:I've been in the game a long time,but you only cross me once

He's talking about the balls at Orient last season and our wingers' lack of crossing ability.
Smiley Culture
Boarding Heavyweight
Boarding Heavyweight

PostPosted by eagwgw » Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:05 pm

The only thing that sits right with me is that somebody reneged on some kind of agreement.
Given the protracted length of talks I really reckon that he might have been earmarked to be kept but the subsequent jumping into the Bowers camp probably turned them off.
eagwgw
Elite Boarder
Elite Boarder

PostPosted by mistadobalina » Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:08 pm

What link was there been Omer and the Bowers takeover?

I hope Omer feels he can go back to working with the youth team, he was clearly doing a pretty good job there. Don't think he's cut out for management.
mistadobalina
Level Four Boarder
Level Four Boarder

PostPosted by Hawaii Five O » Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:17 pm

Whatever he's on about, he still needs to mention respect to get the full trifecta of gangsta talk.
Hawaii Five O
Level Five Boarder
Level Five Boarder

PostPosted by eagwgw » Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:18 pm

IIRC he said it on Twitter. His ex-team mates were then saying how brilliant it would be, so it looks fairly bad as to who the source was.
IMO enough associations for me. He would have been better off saying nothing.

Sounds like its over to me, don't think a manager would rant like this just because a player had left, and the 'working environment' pretty much rules it out being a player that agreed to sign but changed his mind.
eagwgw
Elite Boarder
Elite Boarder

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat