Re: Latest from Omer

PostPosted by Eddie von Sphincter » Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:55 pm

I know,that's why I shared it.
Eddie von Sphincter
Boarding Hall of Fame
Boarding Hall of Fame

PostPosted by ChingfordRed » Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:57 pm

Oh, he has been noticeably quiet recently though, apart from that thing about talking to a so-called 'great character'.
ChingfordRed
Boarding Hall of Fame
Boarding Hall of Fame

PostPosted by Father Ted Crilly » Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:59 pm

Sorry to butt in on your afternoon ladies tea party, but could you possibly impart upon the rest of us exactly what Riza has tweeted?

Thanks awfully.
Father Ted Crilly
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PostPosted by Hawaii Five O » Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:04 pm

"I can't believe the players I have coming into the conference with us , if we get this sorted quickly we will be a force to be reckoned with"

"These players are showing such loyalty to the situation , I don't know how long we can wait for #COYOs sort it out"
Hawaii Five O
Level Five Boarder
Level Five Boarder

PostPosted by Eddie von Sphincter » Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:06 pm

Sorry I assumed it would show on peoples screens.
As above
Eddie von Sphincter
Boarding Hall of Fame
Boarding Hall of Fame

PostPosted by ChingfordRed » Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:08 pm

For all we know he might be overdoing it but he's right, no matter who the players are they won't wait around forever, he's obviously been told something he didn't want to hear for him to put this out there, something like one or more of these players are running out of patience, which would hardly be surprising, they've got themselves to think about.

Also tells me that we're not really any closer to the end of this utterly farcical situation.
Last edited by ChingfordRed on Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:12 pm, edited 3 times in total.
ChingfordRed
Boarding Hall of Fame
Boarding Hall of Fame

PostPosted by Father Ted Crilly » Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:08 pm

Eddie von Sphincter wrote:Sorry I assumed it would show on peoples screens.
As above

Well you assumed wrongly. Anymore incidents like this and I'll tell Orient1 it's safe to come back on here.
Father Ted Crilly
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PostPosted by Hawaii Five O » Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:27 pm

Have to say, I find the idea of someone with only 2 weeks left on his contract and no idea who the owner will be next season (& so idea of playing budget) tweeting about having amazing players lined up a little odd really.

To me, it all feels like him bigging himself up in an attempt to keep his job, with a side-order of preparing in advance to say "See, you should have stuck with me" if whoever the owner eventually turns out to be gives the gig to another manager & they don't get instantly amazing results. Though maybe I'm just being extra cynical today.
Hawaii Five O
Level Five Boarder
Level Five Boarder

PostPosted by Eddie von Sphincter » Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:34 pm

Father Ted Crilly wrote:
Eddie von Sphincter wrote:Sorry I assumed it would show on peoples screens.
As above

Well you assumed wrongly. Anymore incidents like this and I'll tell Orient1 it's safe to come back on here.

Marvellous
Eddie von Sphincter
Boarding Hall of Fame
Boarding Hall of Fame

PostPosted by Smiley Culture » Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:26 pm

Hawaii Five O wrote:"I can't believe the players I have coming into the conference with us , if we get this sorted quickly we will be a force to be reckoned with"

"These players are showing such loyalty to the situation , I don't know how long we can wait for #COYOs sort it out"

Really? I find the first comment hard to be believed.

Second one, I get totally.
Smiley Culture
Boarding Heavyweight
Boarding Heavyweight

PostPosted by Norfolk_O » Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:50 pm

Hawaii Five O wrote:"I can't believe the players I have coming into the conference with us , if we get this sorted quickly we will be a force to be reckoned with"

Ah, I was wondering why so many of the Lowestoft Town squad were dragging their heels signing the new deals they'd been offered. Now it makes sense. I'd be bloody amazed to see any of that lot in the National League too. :)
Norfolk_O
Level Two Boarder
Level Two Boarder

PostPosted by 1984orient » Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:36 pm

The under ground sign looks so much clearer
1984orient
Level Four Boarder
Level Four Boarder

PostPosted by garyos1964 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:46 pm

So who are these great players .the cream of the Hackney marshes .play for the dog and duck .in the Hackney Sunday combination league .all part time players on £15k a year .fantastic .i bet the conference are shitting themselves.
garyos1964
Level Two Boarder
Level Two Boarder

PostPosted by MafiosO » Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:35 am

Players on £15k a year probably have the ambition to become players on £15k per week. Personally I find it an insult to the players to criticise them just because of what they earn. Judge them on performance and ambition. Most people started life as a low wage earner, many moved onwards and upwards to better things.
MafiosO
Boarding Hall of Fame
Boarding Hall of Fame

PostPosted by Still's Carenae » Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:51 am

[quote="garyos1964
So who are these great players .the cream of the Hackney marshes .play for the dog and duck .in the Hackney Sunday combination league .all part time players on £15k a year .fantastic .i bet the conference are shitting themselves.[/quote]

Shall we start with the next Vardy, Gayle, Washington, Mclean and many more. We do not know.

As for wages - mine is 20+ times what I earnt straight from school, which increased nearly 10 fold in my first 10 years of work. Footballers can do this much quicker. We all have to start somewhere.
Still's Carenae
Level Three Boarder
Level Three Boarder

PostPosted by RedDwarf » Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:43 pm

Bullshit. Nobody is going to join us while this farce continues. Its one of the main reasons why Collins left.
RedDwarf
Elite Boarder
Elite Boarder

PostPosted by MafiosO » Sat Jun 17, 2017 2:20 pm

RedDwarf wrote:

Bullshit. Nobody is going to join us while this farce continues. Its one of the main reasons why Collins left.

Red, you don't live in the real world mate. There will be many, many players out there looking for clubs and the chance to join probably one of the biggest outside the league will be extremely attractive. Do you think for one second they know who Becchetti is, let alone care.

Attracting players will not be the problem. The problem is we need to start to search yesterday before the cream of what is available are signed up elsewhere. It's not our ability to attract players that is the issue, we need to fecking start looking and be in a position to make offers.
MafiosO
Boarding Hall of Fame
Boarding Hall of Fame

PostPosted by gshaw » Sat Jun 17, 2017 2:34 pm

Any player in football will know who Becchetti is after all the recent publicity. The problem being regardless of the wages on offer there's always the chance said wages won't be paid. I'd reckon that would put off a lot of employees regardless of their role or salary.
gshaw
Level Five Boarder
Level Five Boarder

Next

Return to General Chat