Robbie Weir Leaves Leyton Orient

Post about Leyton Orient or anything else

Re: Robbie Weir Leaves Leyton Orient

PostPosted by jamie9456 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:21 am

Two remarkable things I witnessed in one game last season.

Morecambe away- Bowery scored and Weir had a really good game.

He was truly dreadful most of the time here and didn't strike me as a great captain either, even though I heard he was quite popular behind the scenes. Good riddance if you ask me- Coming back from injuries like that are going to seriously take their toll as if he could actually get any worse anyway
User avatar
jamie9456
Boarding Heavyweight
Boarding Heavyweight
 
Posts: 7800
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:05 am

Re: Robbie Weir Leaves Leyton Orient

PostPosted by Nice Username » Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:31 am

All the best WEIRdo
Nice Username
Elite Boarder
Elite Boarder
 
Posts: 3581
Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2014 6:45 pm

Re: Robbie Weir Leaves Leyton Orient

PostPosted by AjaxTreesDown » Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:52 am

A bit gutted about this. Should have been top draw at National League level.
User avatar
AjaxTreesDown
Elite Boarder
Elite Boarder
 
Posts: 4114
Joined: Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:29 am

Re: Robbie Weir Leaves Leyton Orient

PostPosted by ChingfordRed » Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:00 am

jamie9456 wrote:Morecambe away- Bowery scored and Weir had a really good game.


Going a bit off-topic here but I can't give that goal to Bowery, it was literally going at least ten yards wide before the most wicked deflection imaginable to it past the 'keeper, there's also the fact that I despised him so I don't want him to have it.
ChingfordRed
Boarding Hall of Fame
Boarding Hall of Fame
 
Posts: 18840
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:56 pm

Re: Robbie Weir Leaves Leyton Orient

PostPosted by Classic Intercourse » Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:01 am

eagwgw wrote:No doubt lots of people will be wishing him good luck, but if he was black, French and also injured for most of the season, he would be hounded out of the club.


I don't think he was as bad as some made out but this is spot on. People have even proved this on this thread.

Of course he was a victim of Becchetti's circus - everyone was, but it's total hypocrisy to allow someone like Weir that excuse but claim good riddance to someone like Mezague or Janse. I wonder why that is.
Classic Intercourse
Level Five Boarder
Level Five Boarder
 
Posts: 1562
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:31 am

Re: Robbie Weir Leaves Leyton Orient

PostPosted by Classic Intercourse » Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:02 am

ChingfordRed wrote:
jamie9456 wrote:Morecambe away- Bowery scored and Weir had a really good game.


Going a bit off-topic here but I can't give that goal to Bowery, it was literally going at least ten yards wide before the most wicked deflection imaginable to it past the 'keeper, there's also the fact that I despised him so I don't want him to have it.


Lol. Classic Chingy.
Classic Intercourse
Level Five Boarder
Level Five Boarder
 
Posts: 1562
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:31 am

Re: Robbie Weir Leaves Leyton Orient

PostPosted by ComeOnYouOsRS » Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:08 am

Very worrying is this. If he could see light at the end of the tunnel, I would have expected him to stay. This shows there's no takeover about to happen, and as Ive posted many times, Becchetti is going to let the club die

As others have said, Weir had a serious career threatening injury, & hasnt proved his fitness, so for him to still think moving on is better, it shows how future-less our club is
User avatar
ComeOnYouOsRS
Elite Boarder
Elite Boarder
 
Posts: 2863
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:58 pm

Re: Robbie Weir Leaves Leyton Orient

PostPosted by Blackadder II » Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:54 am

Still's Carenae wrote:
Eddie von Sphincter wrote:Teddy and Yvan.

:yes
What a pairing they will be next season. Lets see more direct football - more bouncing balls to be left.
Actually I think if the club is taken over they will be offered deals to leave.


Very true mate, what we don't need is these two idiots at the heart of our defence. They haven't got clue between them.
Blackadder II
Level Three Boarder
Level Three Boarder
 
Posts: 619
Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:21 pm

Re: Robbie Weir Leaves Leyton Orient

PostPosted by I admit it, I was WRONG. » Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:56 am

ComeOnYouOsRS wrote:Very worrying is this. If he could see light at the end of the tunnel, I would have expected him to stay. This shows there's no takeover about to happen, and as Ive posted many times, Becchetti is going to let the club die

As others have said, Weir had a serious career threatening injury, & hasnt proved his fitness, so for him to still think moving on is better, it shows how future-less our club is

Spot on.
User avatar
I admit it, I was WRONG.
Elite Boarder
Elite Boarder
 
Posts: 3805
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2014 4:32 pm

Re: Robbie Weir Leaves Leyton Orient

PostPosted by ComeOnYouOsRS » Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:24 pm

LOFC= £4M+ no assets wrote:
ComeOnYouOsRS wrote:Very worrying is this. If he could see light at the end of the tunnel, I would have expected him to stay. This shows there's no takeover about to happen, and as Ive posted many times, Becchetti is going to let the club die

As others have said, Weir had a serious career threatening injury, & hasnt proved his fitness, so for him to still think moving on is better, it shows how future-less our club is

Spot on.

OMG, I never thought the day would come when you agree with me.......and im not comfortable with it

Since I posted that, It seems I was wrong, & the deal has gone through, if that is so, I was well wrong
User avatar
ComeOnYouOsRS
Elite Boarder
Elite Boarder
 
Posts: 2863
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:58 pm

Re: Robbie Weir Leaves Leyton Orient

PostPosted by mistadobalina » Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:04 pm

Classic Intercourse wrote:
eagwgw wrote:No doubt lots of people will be wishing him good luck, but if he was black, French and also injured for most of the season, he would be hounded out of the club.


I don't think he was as bad as some made out but this is spot on. People have even proved this on this thread.

Of course he was a victim of Becchetti's circus - everyone was, but it's total hypocrisy to allow someone like Weir that excuse but claim good riddance to someone like Mezague or Janse. I wonder why that is.


Maybe cause Weir has a proven track record in English football?

Oh, you're implying its racism again.
mistadobalina
Level Four Boarder
Level Four Boarder
 
Posts: 941
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:31 am

Re: Robbie Weir Leaves Leyton Orient

PostPosted by eagwgw » Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:29 pm

As if a track record in English football ever had any bearing on it.
People like Henderson had (relative to our standing) incredible histories in the English game, yet if he were to come back he would be roundly slagged off. We ain't interested in what they produced for other clubs, more what they did for us.

Weir proved to be every bit as bad business as any of the Gagliardi signings, and as captain he was probably one of the most important ones to get right. Apart from a couple of games he was terrible, but gets the benefit of the doubt.
I think people find criticising English players a bit harder if they have conducted themselves well. Only when they don't, they become easy targets (ie Jamie Jones).

A case in point, people roundly made some kind of big deal of Erichot eating in KFC after the match as somehow being unprofessional. Yet there have been plenty of players that have gone on the beers/smoking and they are somehow 'top guys'.

I don't see how Janse/Mezague/Erichot/N'Nomo have conducted themselves poorly, but from the vitriol aimed at these guys you would think they are flicking the bird at fans every time the ball goes out of play.

Most of the senior pros deserve to be called out on last season for being **** and wasting our money on their good wages. It is fair to say good riddance to them all. Something seems wrong if we're going to say 'oh, he was just as bad for us, but because he had 100 games for Burton Albion 4 years ago, he's a great lad and it wasn't his fault'.
eagwgw
Elite Boarder
Elite Boarder
 
Posts: 3162
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:47 am

Re: Robbie Weir Leaves Leyton Orient

PostPosted by Classic Intercourse » Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:29 pm

mistadobalina wrote:
Classic Intercourse wrote:
eagwgw wrote:No doubt lots of people will be wishing him good luck, but if he was black, French and also injured for most of the season, he would be hounded out of the club.


I don't think he was as bad as some made out but this is spot on. People have even proved this on this thread.

Of course he was a victim of Becchetti's circus - everyone was, but it's total hypocrisy to allow someone like Weir that excuse but claim good riddance to someone like Mezague or Janse. I wonder why that is.


Maybe cause Weir has a proven track record in English football?

Oh, you're implying its racism again.


So anyone who doesn't have a proven track record in English football is fair game for a pop when they are brought into shambolic surroundings? Sounds fair.

Btw, Mezague and Janse have proven track records at a higher level than Weir.
Classic Intercourse
Level Five Boarder
Level Five Boarder
 
Posts: 1562
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:31 am

Re: Robbie Weir Leaves Leyton Orient

PostPosted by RedDwarf » Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:19 pm

ComeOnYouOsRS wrote:Very worrying is this. If he could see light at the end of the tunnel, I would have expected him to stay. This shows there's no takeover about to happen, and as Ive posted many times, Becchetti is going to let the club die

As others have said, Weir had a serious career threatening injury, & hasnt proved his fitness, so for him to still think moving on is better, it shows how future-less our club is


Also , i don't think he settled down South . Didn't somebody say his wife and daughter stayed up North. So he might have left because of family reasons. For whatever reason, he was terrible for us so no big loss.
User avatar
RedDwarf
Boarding Heavyweight
Boarding Heavyweight
 
Posts: 5343
Joined: Tue May 05, 2015 7:10 pm

Re: Robbie Weir Leaves Leyton Orient

PostPosted by mistadobalina » Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:49 pm

Classic Intercourse wrote:
mistadobalina wrote:
Classic Intercourse wrote:
eagwgw wrote:No doubt lots of people will be wishing him good luck, but if he was black, French and also injured for most of the season, he would be hounded out of the club.


I don't think he was as bad as some made out but this is spot on. People have even proved this on this thread.

Of course he was a victim of Becchetti's circus - everyone was, but it's total hypocrisy to allow someone like Weir that excuse but claim good riddance to someone like Mezague or Janse. I wonder why that is.


Maybe cause Weir has a proven track record in English football?

Oh, you're implying its racism again.


So anyone who doesn't have a proven track record in English football is fair game for a pop when they are brought into shambolic surroundings? Sounds fair.

Btw, Mezague and Janse have proven track records at a higher level than Weir.


No, but his signing at least made some kind of sense, him being a captain of a twice promotion winning side in the English lower leagues. Drafting in what, 5-6 pros from abroad, all at the same time, all of whom with no experience of the English game at a lower league - it was bonkers and was obviously down to the 'contacts' of our head of recruitment, which is why they get a particularly hard time. It was endemic of a big part of what was going wrong.

It's worth pointing out that Janse and Teddy were in a league of their own when it came to sh*tness. Teddy is the closest thing I've seen to a footballing comedy act. Erichot doesn't come in for anywhere near as much cop as the two you've mentioned, and people were sympathetic to N'nomo's situation, which if they were all closet racists, surely wouldn't be the case.
mistadobalina
Level Four Boarder
Level Four Boarder
 
Posts: 941
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:31 am

Re: Robbie Weir Leaves Leyton Orient

PostPosted by I admit it, I was WRONG. » Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:15 pm

ComeOnYouOsRS wrote:
LOFC= £4M+ no assets wrote:
ComeOnYouOsRS wrote:Very worrying is this. If he could see light at the end of the tunnel, I would have expected him to stay. This shows there's no takeover about to happen, and as Ive posted many times, Becchetti is going to let the club die

As others have said, Weir had a serious career threatening injury, & hasnt proved his fitness, so for him to still think moving on is better, it shows how future-less our club is

Spot on.

OMG, I never thought the day would come when you agree with me.......and im not comfortable with it

Since I posted that, It seems I was wrong, & the deal has gone through, if that is so, I was well wrong

What evidence that a deal has been done?
Stop being so gullible.
Some people on this board are on one big wind up.
User avatar
I admit it, I was WRONG.
Elite Boarder
Elite Boarder
 
Posts: 3805
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2014 4:32 pm

Re: Robbie Weir Leaves Leyton Orient

PostPosted by MySmellyPants » Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:18 pm

LOFC= £4M+ no assets wrote:
ComeOnYouOsRS wrote:
LOFC= £4M+ no assets wrote:
ComeOnYouOsRS wrote:Very worrying is this. If he could see light at the end of the tunnel, I would have expected him to stay. This shows there's no takeover about to happen, and as Ive posted many times, Becchetti is going to let the club die

As others have said, Weir had a serious career threatening injury, & hasnt proved his fitness, so for him to still think moving on is better, it shows how future-less our club is

Spot on.

OMG, I never thought the day would come when you agree with me.......and im not comfortable with it

Since I posted that, It seems I was wrong, & the deal has gone through, if that is so, I was well wrong

What evidence that a deal has been done?
Stop being so gullible.
Some people on this board are on one big wind up.


:clown :clown :clown
MySmellyPants
 
Posts: 78
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2016 11:35 am

Re: Robbie Weir Leaves Leyton Orient

PostPosted by Classic Intercourse » Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:50 pm

mistadobalina wrote:
Classic Intercourse wrote:
mistadobalina wrote:
Classic Intercourse wrote:
eagwgw wrote:No doubt lots of people will be wishing him good luck, but if he was black, French and also injured for most of the season, he would be hounded out of the club.


I don't think he was as bad as some made out but this is spot on. People have even proved this on this thread.

Of course he was a victim of Becchetti's circus - everyone was, but it's total hypocrisy to allow someone like Weir that excuse but claim good riddance to someone like Mezague or Janse. I wonder why that is.


Maybe cause Weir has a proven track record in English football?

Oh, you're implying its racism again.


So anyone who doesn't have a proven track record in English football is fair game for a pop when they are brought into shambolic surroundings? Sounds fair.

Btw, Mezague and Janse have proven track records at a higher level than Weir.


No, but his signing at least made some kind of sense, him being a captain of a twice promotion winning side in the English lower leagues. Drafting in what, 5-6 pros from abroad, all at the same time, all of whom with no experience of the English game at a lower league - it was bonkers and was obviously down to the 'contacts' of our head of recruitment, which is why they get a particularly hard time. It was endemic of a big part of what was going wrong.

It's worth pointing out that Janse and Teddy were in a league of their own when it came to sh*tness. Teddy is the closest thing I've seen to a footballing comedy act. Erichot doesn't come in for anywhere near as much cop as the two you've mentioned, and people were sympathetic to N'nomo's situation, which if they were all closet racists, surely wouldn't be the case.


By that measure, basically every player with experience in English football that gets signed by an English club at his level is a signing that makes sense. But many of them don't work out for a variety of reasons. Baudry, Vincelot and every other foreign player that comes here has no experience of English football when first arriving - whether they're good enough or fit in with the team is more important than their experience of playing in this country. Huddersfield did exactly the same thing last summer (signed about 5-6 pros from abroad, all at the same time, all of whom with no experience of the English game) and just got promoted to the Premier League. Strange how that never gets mentioned on here.

Janse and Mezague weren't markedly more sh!t than others, merely their mistakes got highlighted more. Janse looked to me like someone who was spectacularly unfit rather than a poor footballer. And are you seriously suggesting that to be a racist you would have to slag off all the black players in the team? :D

Erichot got as much criticism but I think people have forgotten that because he disappeared for the second half of the season, whereas Mezague is fresher in people's minds - for what it's worth I actually think Mezague easily looked the better of the two. You've hit the nail on the head when you say many of these signings were down to the shortcomings of our head of recruitment, so why should anyone other than the head of recruitment get flak for it?
Classic Intercourse
Level Five Boarder
Level Five Boarder
 
Posts: 1562
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:31 am

Re: Robbie Weir Leaves Leyton Orient

PostPosted by Off The Hook » Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:28 pm

You want to give Galiardi stick? Racist. :evil:
User avatar
Off The Hook
Boarding Hall of Fame
Boarding Hall of Fame
 
Posts: 15599
Joined: Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:27 am

Re: Robbie Weir Leaves Leyton Orient

PostPosted by eagwgw » Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:57 pm

I can't even see how Janse gets mentioned anyway.
According to transfermarkt, he played just 600 minutes in the League for us. Had it been a crap English player that spoke nicely about the 'great club and fans' everyone would be saying he didn't get enough time to be judged properly.

Parkes and Kennedy were terrible for most of the season apart from a couple of moments. No-one really has had a go at them and they were among the biggest let-downs, having won promotion the season before.
Beggars belief that guys that have played 17 games - less than half the game time, seemingly get more blame. Trying to claim they have been more sh!t is a bit desperate, because most of the senior pros were way below what they are capable of.

Weir deserves all the stick Mezague gets, but he hasn't done. Instead 'good luck/nice guy'.

We didn't get relegated primarily because we brought three French/Belgian guys for the season, and one Dutch guy as cover when we got bad injuries, none of whom played more than 20 times for us. A contributing factor, but a minor one. I suppose it is convenient to make it bigger than it is to compensate for other failings. IMO Andy Edwards and Cavasin is more to blame than any player, had Riza or Webb had the squad he had available I reckon we would have put up a much better fight. For differing reasons they were both the worst managers of the season.
eagwgw
Elite Boarder
Elite Boarder
 
Posts: 3162
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:47 am

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: GoochDogHighFives, Proposition Joe, Wally Banter and 14 guests