Re: 9-0 Win! Leyton Orient WFC Enfield Town LFC Highlights

PostPosted by orientony » Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:52 am

thanks again
orientony
Level Two Boarder
Level Two Boarder

PostPosted by Sid Bishop » Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:20 am

I came across this video and watched it before I came onto the forum and would have put a thread and link to this video but found that @blatantorient had already done so ! Good sporting game but felt rather sorry for the Enfield ladies and would have liked to see them also score a couple of goals as it was a very one sided scoreline. Player that stood out to me was Ella Meadowcroft, with a bit of imagination, a sort of ''Tiny Cox'' female equivalent ! Small lady, who plays mainly on the wings and has an eye for a defence splitting pass. Well done to all the ladies in the team !
Sid Bishop
Elite Boarder
Elite Boarder

PostPosted by eagwgw » Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:24 am

Good highlights, have enjoyed them so far.

Serious question, I remember reading that Travis was serious about womens football, and the initial discussions of the LOFT Regeneration Fund with Marshall Taylor did throw out the possibility of using funds for them. I don't agree with that, but why don't the women play at Brisbane Road? Presumably we have to pay the Terrance McMillan, whereas we would only face marginal costs playing at home which may not even be greater. There would also be other benefits such as getting a larger crowd (we could discount for current season ticket holders) and potentially attract better players.

Also don't see why the video editing cannot be turned over to the current team to provide a bit more uniformity in the graphics, and perhaps add other content onto the main website.

At the moment the womens team feels rather separate, whereas the club could be doing a little bit more to help it out.
eagwgw
Elite Boarder
Elite Boarder

PostPosted by Sid Bishop » Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:44 am

eagwgw wrote:Good highlights, have enjoyed them so far.

Serious question, I remember reading that Travis was serious about womens football, and the initial discussions of the LOFT Regeneration Fund with Marshall Taylor did throw out the possibility of using funds for them. I don't agree with that, but why don't the women play at Brisbane Road? Presumably we have to pay the Terrance McMillan, whereas we would only face marginal costs playing at home which may not even be greater. There would also be other benefits such as getting a larger crowd (we could discount for current season ticket holders) and potentially attract better players.

Also don't see why the video editing cannot be turned over to the current team to provide a bit more uniformity in the graphics, and perhaps add other content onto the main website.

At the moment the womens team feels rather separate, whereas the club could be doing a little bit more to help it out.

Perhaps the reason for not playing their matches at Brisbane road may be that they are worried that overuse of the pitch may result in a deterioration of the playing surface. As to the video, at the start the name of the scorer was quickly flashed onto the screen and I could just about see it, later done so quickly that even going over the video again and again, no just could not see the name of the scorer.
Sid Bishop
Elite Boarder
Elite Boarder

PostPosted by eagwgw » Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:08 am

Smells like a cop-out to me. The women have 11 home games over the course of a calendar year, not as if they will play every day on it.
It seems that the stadium can host reserve games without any issue, if it really was a problem for the pitch the club could bump the reserve game to the training ground to accommodate the women, or even take it to the Mile End stadium.
eagwgw
Elite Boarder
Elite Boarder

PostPosted by Gordian Knot » Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:34 am

according to their schedule they are due to play a home game at Brisbane Road on Sept 20th
Gordian Knot
Level Two Boarder
Level Two Boarder

PostPosted by A Pedant » Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:50 pm

Pitch recovery time was the main reason if I recall correctly, especially as the pitch had no work done on it in the close season (for obvious reasons). I believe longer-term there's a desire on Nigel's part to bring the women's home fixtures to Brisbane Road for more than just the odd game here or there.
A Pedant
Level Four Boarder
Level Four Boarder

PostPosted by blatantorient » Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:06 pm

Sid Bishop wrote:I came across this video and watched it before I came onto the forum and would have put a thread and link to this video but found that @blatantorient had already done so ! Good sporting game but felt rather sorry for the Enfield ladies and would have liked to see them also score a couple of goals as it was a very one sided scoreline. Player that stood out to me was Ella Meadowcroft, with a bit of imagination, a sort of ''Tiny Cox'' female equivalent ! Small lady, who plays mainly on the wings and has an eye for a defence splitting pass. Well done to all the ladies in the team !

She usually plays centre forward alongside Campbell
blatantorient

PostPosted by blatantorient » Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:07 pm

orientony wrote:

thanks again

You're welcome.
blatantorient

PostPosted by Highwood Man » Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:29 pm

Where did they play this match? Pitch looked dreadful.
Highwood Man
Level Two Boarder
Level Two Boarder

PostPosted by Timmo » Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:34 pm

A Pedant wrote:Pitch recovery time was the main reason if I recall correctly, especially as the pitch had no work done on it in the close season (for obvious reasons). I believe longer-term there's a desire on Nigel's part to bring the women's home fixtures to Brisbane Road for more than just the odd game here or there.

AP, the pitch had all the usual work done on it during the close season.
Timmo
Level Five Boarder
Level Five Boarder

PostPosted by A Pedant » Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:20 pm

Thanks Timmo. I do recall pitch recovery being a concern Nigel mentioned when he was discussing bringing women's team games to Brisbane Road, maybe the pitch would have been due to be relaid this past summer?
A Pedant
Level Four Boarder
Level Four Boarder

PostPosted by blatantorient » Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:43 pm

Highwood Man wrote:Where did they play this match? Pitch looked dreadful.

Mile End Stadium
blatantorient

PostPosted by Highwood Man » Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:56 pm

Obviously more of an athletics stadium than a football pitch!
Highwood Man
Level Two Boarder
Level Two Boarder

PostPosted by blatantorient » Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:18 pm

blatantorient

PostPosted by Timmo » Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:25 pm

A Pedant wrote:Thanks Timmo. I do recall pitch recovery being a concern Nigel mentioned when he was discussing bringing women's team games to Brisbane Road, maybe the pitch would have been due to be relaid this past summer?

It was re seeded and fertilized in May and LOSC paid for it as nobody from the last regime
was spending any money and the company wouldn't do it unless they could be sure of payment.
There is a photo of the cheque being handed to Colin James in an upcoming programme I believe.
Timmo
Level Five Boarder
Level Five Boarder

Return to General Chat