Watch the attendances slide away

Post about Leyton Orient or anything else

Watch the attendances slide away

PostPosted by Contrifibulatory Fred » Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:23 am

Last night's crowd was lowest at home thus far this season. I don't even have a football badge from cubs, but even I know the complete stupidity of training mediocre players to play the ball around the back 4 all the time, and I suspect many fans will get as bored and appalled by such tactics as I already am.

With this brand of tripe being ladled up by Davis, I reckon we'll be averaging 2,000 fans for home games by Christmas.

Up the Os
Contrifibulatory Fred
Level Three Boarder
Level Three Boarder

Re: Watch the attendances slide away

PostPosted by VinnyO » Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:27 am

Good, rare is it that we play well either in front of big crowds or in front of the cameras.
VinnyO
Level Five Boarder
Level Five Boarder

PostPosted by pandy » Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:33 am

Totally agree Fred, they look like they are in chains, so predictable, the opposition are quite happy for us to pass it about in our own half.
pandy
Level Four Boarder
Level Four Boarder

PostPosted by Smiley Culture » Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:10 am

3,600 for a wet Tuesday night in September when there's Barca-Juve, Chelsea, United and other Champions League games on and playing against Halifax Town is good, I think.
Smiley Culture
Boarding Heavyweight
Boarding Heavyweight

PostPosted by Cheshunto » Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:17 am

Smiley Culture wrote:3,600 for a wet Tuesday night in September when there's Barca-Juve, Chelsea, United and other Champions League games on and playing against Halifax Town is good, I think.

Agree with this. I couldn't make last night due to work but 3,600 is in line with what we would have got midweek in L2
I still think we'll have 4k plus for Saturday
Cheshunto
Level Five Boarder
Level Five Boarder

PostPosted by Contrifibulatory Fred » Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:22 am

Expect another 516 passes across the back 4 as the team put Davis' masterplan into action

The novelty of playing (and losing to) really bad teams is already beginning to wear off. We ought to be looking downwards this season, and not upwards.
Contrifibulatory Fred
Level Three Boarder
Level Three Boarder

PostPosted by Bruce Banner » Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:24 am

The crowds held up over the past 3 seasons despite all the turmoil. Complete overreaction to what was not the worst performance. And don't forget we are missing 4 first choice players.
Bruce Banner
Level Five Boarder
Level Five Boarder

PostPosted by eagwgw » Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:35 am

Yeah, it's almost as if other teams don't ever have injuries and suspensions, so when we miss a few players it's so unfair!

The original 5k crowds were obviously a honeymoon effect, and I bet the 'Today's Attendances' thread will stop to be put up as things naturally tick a bit lower.
But with so many season ticket holders I'd be surprised if for the Saturday games we went much lower than 3,600.
eagwgw
Elite Boarder
Elite Boarder

PostPosted by Cheshunto » Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:52 am

Smiley Culture wrote:3,600 for a wet Tuesday night in September when there's Barca-Juve, Chelsea, United and other Champions League games on and playing against Halifax Town is good, I think.

Agree with this. I couldn't make last night due to work but 3,600 is in line with what we would have got midweek in L2
Cheshunto
Level Five Boarder
Level Five Boarder

PostPosted by omygawd » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:32 am

Cheshunto wrote:

Absolutely, a chance to be on the telly.....unmissable!
omygawd
Level Five Boarder
Level Five Boarder

PostPosted by OnlyOneOinLeytOn » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:18 am

last night did feel like a return to the "stability just outside the relegation zone in the third tier" era under Hearn. One thing you can say for Becchetti is that he drew the crowds out. Still a bit mystified by that really, maybe it proves that Orient fans love a bit of a wallow in dramatic hideousness.
OnlyOneOinLeytOn
Level Five Boarder
Level Five Boarder

Return to General Chat