Why does Favis hate Judd and Pollock?

Post about Leyton Orient or anything else

Why does Favis hate Judd and Pollock?

PostPosted by matador » Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:45 am

Judd deserves a chance, perhaps even at left back.

Pollock has been sent on loan, but I always thought he looked fairly decent and is bigger than Clark.
User avatar
matador
Boarding Heavyweight
Boarding Heavyweight
 
Posts: 9103
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:15 am

Re: Why does Favis hate Judd and Pollock?

PostPosted by Bill Roffey's Left Foot » Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:46 am

They ate all the cheap hot dogs.
User avatar
Bill Roffey's Left Foot
Level Five Boarder
Level Five Boarder
 
Posts: 1028
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:30 pm

Re: Why does Favis hate Judd and Pollock?

PostPosted by Smiley Culture » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:03 am

Favis? Wow, someone actually reads NobheadUsername's posts?
Smiley Culture
Boarding Heavyweight
Boarding Heavyweight
 
Posts: 5803
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:45 am

Re: Why does Favis hate Judd and Pollock?

PostPosted by Level Ten Boarder » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:07 am

don't know about Judd. He's not as good as Caprice, maybe he isn't good at left back.

Pollock isn't very good at all though, so loan was the best decision.
User avatar
Level Ten Boarder
Elite Boarder
Elite Boarder
 
Posts: 2794
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:51 pm

Re: Why does Favis hate Judd and Pollock?

PostPosted by Off The Hook » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:08 am

He's taken the old 'experienced' pros over the kids every single time. It's not just these two, Koroma is hardly getting a look in, Abrahams didn't at all. Anyone remember Moncur or Dalby too?
User avatar
Off The Hook
Boarding Hall of Fame
Boarding Hall of Fame
 
Posts: 15396
Joined: Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:27 am

Re: Why does Favis hate Judd and Pollock?

PostPosted by Off The Hook » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:08 am

Level Ten Boarder wrote:don't know about Judd. He's not as good as Caprice, maybe he isn't good at left back.

Pollock isn't very good at all though, so loan was the best decision.


Judd is already a better defender than caprice.
User avatar
Off The Hook
Boarding Hall of Fame
Boarding Hall of Fame
 
Posts: 15396
Joined: Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:27 am

Re: Why does Favis hate Judd and Pollock?

PostPosted by matador » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:11 am

Level Ten Boarder wrote:don't know about Judd. He's not as good as Caprice, maybe he isn't good at left back.

Pollock isn't very good at all though, so loan was the best decision.


Why do you say that about Pollock?
User avatar
matador
Boarding Heavyweight
Boarding Heavyweight
 
Posts: 9103
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:15 am

Re: Why does Favis hate Judd and Pollock?

PostPosted by Smiley Culture » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:12 am

Didn't Davis say Judd's confidence had suffered as a result of last season? He always looked confident and comfortable on the pitch but that is a 90 minute period out of a whole week and I'm sure Davis sees more of Judd than we do. It's a shame if he has been left with some psychological scars of last season, because he looked a talent.

As much as it would be nice to see some kids in the team, it's still a results based business and that's what Davis will be judged on, rightly or wrongly, not whether he gives young players game time.
Smiley Culture
Boarding Heavyweight
Boarding Heavyweight
 
Posts: 5803
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:45 am

Re: Why does Favis hate Judd and Pollock?

PostPosted by matador » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:20 am

Not fair to deny Judd a transfer then not play him.
User avatar
matador
Boarding Heavyweight
Boarding Heavyweight
 
Posts: 9103
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:15 am

Re: Why does Favis hate Judd and Pollock?

PostPosted by eagwgw » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:21 am

He was in the team on merit, which I don't think applied to a lot of the other kids, who were there only because there was no-one else.

Why would he be scarred and not Grainger? That reasoning doesn't seem to stack up, especially as (IMO) psychology and confidence is even more important for keepers.
Think it was always the intention, perhaps from Travis down to have a team of experienced pros as the starting XI and ideally have the youngsters snapping at their heels for places.

At this moment in time that seems quite far away, I'm guessing that we'll be seeing a couple of semi-experienced loan signings soon to shore things up a bit.
eagwgw
Elite Boarder
Elite Boarder
 
Posts: 3078
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:47 am

Re: Why does Favis hate Judd and Pollock?

PostPosted by Level Ten Boarder » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:23 am

This is a case of Judd and Pollock becoming better players in people's heads by not playing. Judd is decent for sure, but he wouldn't offer the team as much as Caprice does, and Caprice does not deserve dropping. Widdowson in my opinion is crap and our worst player (alongside Lawless in the way we are using him), but maybe Judd is no better at left back, and if he is low on confidence as we have been told a few weeks ago, slinging him in out of position might do more harm then good both for him and the team.

Pollock isn't even a debate worth having, because he's not ready for men's football at this level yet.
User avatar
Level Ten Boarder
Elite Boarder
Elite Boarder
 
Posts: 2794
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:51 pm

Re: Why does Favis hate Judd and Pollock?

PostPosted by eagwgw » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:34 am

Judd played some games at left-back last season and didn't do much wrong IMO.

Given what Widdowson is producing at the moment I really don't think there is much risk in it for the team, because it is a poorly performing position anyway.
The upside appears to me to be bigger than the risks involved. Omozusi became a first-choice left-back for us originally because he was played out of position there and he did well enough to make it his own. It would be a real bonus if Judd did the same, if he doesn't he is still a great prospect.

I don't think anyone would have complained about the harm for the player if we still had Alzate and he had to play on the wing.
eagwgw
Elite Boarder
Elite Boarder
 
Posts: 3078
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:47 am

Re: Why does Favis hate Judd and Pollock?

PostPosted by matador » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:40 am

Level Ten Boarder wrote:Pollock isn't even a debate worth having, because he's not ready for men's football at this level yet.


Prove it.

Filled in a couple of times and looked fine.
User avatar
matador
Boarding Heavyweight
Boarding Heavyweight
 
Posts: 9103
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:15 am

Re: Why does Favis hate Judd and Pollock?

PostPosted by aylesburyos » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:44 am

Caprice is better than Judd. Judd got out muscled whenever I saw him. Much prefer a natural left footer at left back so stick with Joe. Pollock is not ready
aylesburyos
Level Five Boarder
Level Five Boarder
 
Posts: 1770
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:56 am

Re: Why does Favis hate Judd and Pollock?

PostPosted by Jurgen Windcaller's Horn » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:48 am

matador wrote:
Level Ten Boarder wrote:Pollock isn't even a debate worth having, because he's not ready for men's football at this level yet.


Prove it.

Filled in a couple of times and looked fine.


He is a country mile behind Clark. Struggling at Wealdstone by all accounts. Doubt he'll ever play regularly above Conference South (and I'm being a bit generous there).
Jurgen Windcaller's Horn
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
 
Posts: 2968
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:11 am
Location: Ustengrav

Re: Why does Favis hate Judd and Pollock?

PostPosted by Jurgen Windcaller's Horn » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:49 am

Off The Hook wrote:He's taken the old 'experienced' pros over the kids every single time. It's not just these two, Koroma is hardly getting a look in, Abrahams didn't at all. Anyone remember Moncur or Dalby too?


Bit of a relief that Davis isn't picking Dalby, seeing as he thinks Sam is a midfielder.
Jurgen Windcaller's Horn
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
 
Posts: 2968
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:11 am
Location: Ustengrav

Re: Why does Favis hate Judd and Pollock?

PostPosted by orientony » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:03 am

he's been right so far maybe thes kids aren't as good as people seem to think,koroma hasn't done much so far, clark was poor last night,ochieng
1 good game ,apparently widdowson no good going forward , don't remember judd crossing the halfway line that often
orientony
Level Two Boarder
Level Two Boarder
 
Posts: 354
Joined: Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:17 am

Re: Why does Favis hate Judd and Pollock?

PostPosted by Off The Hook » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:10 am

Jurgen Windcaller's Horn wrote:
Off The Hook wrote:He's taken the old 'experienced' pros over the kids every single time. It's not just these two, Koroma is hardly getting a look in, Abrahams didn't at all. Anyone remember Moncur or Dalby too?


Bit of a relief that Davis isn't picking Dalby, seeing as he thinks Sam is a midfielder.


:D fair point.
User avatar
Off The Hook
Boarding Hall of Fame
Boarding Hall of Fame
 
Posts: 15396
Joined: Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:27 am

Re: Why does Favis hate Judd and Pollock?

PostPosted by AjaxTreesDown » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:21 am

Jurgen Windcaller's Horn wrote:
matador wrote:
Level Ten Boarder wrote:Pollock isn't even a debate worth having, because he's not ready for men's football at this level yet.


Prove it.

Filled in a couple of times and looked fine.


He is a country mile behind Clark. Struggling at Wealdstone by all accounts. Doubt he'll ever play regularly above Conference South (and I'm being a bit generous there).


*Struggled, they terminated the loan start of last week.
User avatar
AjaxTreesDown
Elite Boarder
Elite Boarder
 
Posts: 4055
Joined: Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:29 am

Re: Why does Favis hate Judd and Pollock?

PostPosted by SolentO » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:28 am

I feel for Judd, because technically and mentally he is a really good defender.
However, he is very small and was targeted by some big strikers in league 2, no doubt that would happen just as much in this league
SolentO
 
Posts: 58
Joined: Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:36 am

Next

Return to General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Mr. Earl and 18 guests