Davis really needs to accept some responsibility

Post about Leyton Orient or anything else

Re: Davis really needs to accept some responsibility

PostPosted by Smiley Culture » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:03 pm

orientony wrote:
Smiley Culture wrote:Ten games in and people are on the blokes back. Glad I jacked it all in this season. What a club.

if you can't be bothered to come , why are you bothered t o come on here ,go and wath some more telly then bother the bbc
on points of view
what a club! one far better off without you ,

I can't come on here and read people's views about the club? Aye, a club full of fans turning on the current manager, who has managed ten games, id have thought that after eleven or twelve in three years, people's patience would be a lot stronger than it is.
Smiley Culture
Boarding Heavyweight
Boarding Heavyweight

PostPosted by Chief crazy horse » Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:52 pm

BIGRON wrote:5 wins in 10 games , is he really that bad , berore the season started most people on here settled for mid table , whats the problem ?.

I'm as happy as a pig in s--t to be half way in the National league table.
O'h, and don't forget also, we've got our club back.
Chief crazy horse
Elite Boarder
Elite Boarder

PostPosted by The Terminator » Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:00 pm

ComeOnYouOsRS wrote:Steve Davis blames the players for every bad result, and never accepts any responsibility for anything that goes wrong, and if this continues, he will lose the support of the fans

Crewe fans warned us about this, and their words are ringing in my ears

I have supported Davis since day 1, and still do, but that support is under strain now, because he wont accept any responsibility.

It is him who picks the players, it is him that plays Boco out of position last night, it is him that decides how the players will handle the oppositions big man up front, which has been poor all season etc etc

Time for Davis to hold his hands up a bit more now

I can understand where you're coming from to be honest, last night I saw a similar pattern emerging, similar to the Bromley game. From one of our own corners in the second half which got cleared, we was very, very lucky Lawless won the ball back when he did otherwise it would've been 3v1 on the break at the back with us on the defence. This was exactly the sort of thing which happened in the Bromley game, we were far, far too open again and Davis had to take the blame for that. Yes we needed to get back into the game, but it was a moment bordering on suicide.

I think most people understand that our players missed chances which on another day would go in and that we had our first choice CBs out injured. But our team shape isn't good enough which is why we're losing so many goals and conceding so many chances.

Hutch has it right as well, all the teams who've beaten us have looked far more organised as a team. We look like we're going out to try and outscore everyone, which won't always work.

After nearly ten games, I reckon Davis will probably look after us for at least a season and probably have the first 6 months of next season to try and mold us into a good team.

But on current evidence and with his past record at Crewe, I can only see him being a temporary stop gap to help us get back on our feet as a club as opposed to being the man who can take us up, he doesn't appear to be learning from his mistakes IMO, which will eventually cost him.
The Terminator
Level Four Boarder
Level Four Boarder

PostPosted by Fiat 500 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:04 pm

ComeOnYouOsRS wrote:Steve Davis blames the players for every bad result, and never accepts any responsibility for anything that goes wrong, and if this continues, he will lose the support of the fans

I have supported Davis since day 1, and still do, but that support is under strain now, because he wont accept any responsibility.

It is him who picks the players, it is him that plays Boco out of position last night, it is him that decides how the players will handle the oppositions big man up front, which has been poor all season etc etc

What can Davis do if we miss open goals or miss tackles. That is the players fault and not the manager.
Fiat 500
Level Three Boarder
Level Three Boarder

PostPosted by The Terminator » Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:30 pm

Fiat 500 wrote:

What can Davis do if we miss open goals or miss tackles. That is the players fault and not the manager.

Of course thats the players fault, but Davis sets us up as a unit and as a unit we concede too many chances. Thats either down to the players not listening to what he is saying, or his tactics are wrong. Either way I can't see us in the long run being successful under him if this is the case.
The Terminator
Level Four Boarder
Level Four Boarder

PostPosted by Philg1966 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:47 pm

Not completely sold on this guy tbh
However his record as a manager is littered with a mixture of promotions and also long losing streaks
After the shite we've put up with I'll back him for his contract duration if only for some stability
I just hope he starts to have a better understanding of how to mix up his tactics
ATM we are predicable and too easy to play against
Philg1966
Level Two Boarder
Level Two Boarder

PostPosted by matador » Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:19 am

OneTonneBaby wrote:Agree completely. He blamed the players after borehamwood and after last nights game. They need to take responsibility but so does he. If he continues to shify his blame i doubt the players will respect him for long.

Prove it.
matador
Boarding Heavyweight
Boarding Heavyweight

PostPosted by wilko30 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:01 pm

Its not davis's fault that both centre halves are injuried.
Its not hes fault that we took a gamble on sendles white.
Its not hes fault that the most of the squad players are young.
Davis/club need more than one transfer window to sort the mess out.
Lets just ride this season out and stay positive.
wilko30

Previous

Return to General Chat