**MEET THE OWNERS - PART 1**

Post about Leyton Orient or anything else

**MEET THE OWNERS - PART 1**

PostPosted by NussO » Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:41 pm

The Orient Outlook Podcast have recorded the Meet The Owners Evening with Nigel Travis and Kent Teague at the Supporters Club.

Listen to Part 1 now on our iTunes page or www.soundcloud.com/orient-outlook!

Part 2 to follow later.

Up the O's!
NussO

Re: **MEET THE OWNERS - PART 1**

PostPosted by Bergen » Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:57 pm

Thanks.
Bergen
Elite Boarder
Elite Boarder

PostPosted by Becchetti'sRightPeg » Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:58 pm

cheers lads
Becchetti'sRightPeg

PostPosted by Off The Hook » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:06 pm

Great stuff.

Embarrassing early question about graffiti on Russel Slades flat, NT does waffle on a bit on occassions when he hasn't got an answer and KT was let off with regards to how debt is better than capital injections, because 'it just is'.

But overall, great stuff. And thanks for recording. You've got a new listener. :D
Off The Hook
Boarding Hall of Fame
Boarding Hall of Fame

PostPosted by aylesburyos » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:12 pm

Look forward to it
Last edited by aylesburyos on Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aylesburyos
Level Five Boarder
Level Five Boarder

PostPosted by oriboy » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:22 pm

Off The Hook wrote:Great stuff.

Embarrassing early question about graffiti on Russel Slades flat, NT does waffle on a bit on occassions when he hasn't got an answer and KT was let off with regards to how debt is better than capital injections, because 'it just is'.

But overall, great stuff. And thanks for recording. You've got a new listener. :D

Whats was the graffiti question? (is our Russ in the frame?)
oriboy
Level Two Boarder
Level Two Boarder

PostPosted by NussO » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:32 pm

Off The Hook wrote:Great stuff.

Thanks mate, much appreciated. Glad you enjoyed it!
NussO

PostPosted by AjaxTreesDown » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:08 pm

I think I love Kent Teague quite a lot. Thanks for uploading this lads.
AjaxTreesDown
Elite Boarder
Elite Boarder

PostPosted by Orient Punxx » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:18 pm

Thanks - great listening.

Tip Top Owners/Fans.
Orient Punxx
Level One Boarder
Level One Boarder

PostPosted by Loyal_Supporter » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:24 pm

Paul did a fantistic job tonight. He was minus his partner but did amazing.
Loyal_Supporter
Elite Boarder
Elite Boarder

PostPosted by Bergen » Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:00 am

Mr. Travis loves to talk about his own company. Got a bit boring TBH. Apart from that, very good.
Bergen
Elite Boarder
Elite Boarder

PostPosted by eagwgw » Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:26 am

Thanks for the upload.

Nigel Travis really should have a stand named after him or something, I don't think I have disagreed with anything he has said, and it's amazing that the Italians never listened to him. Business-wise he is an absolute giant compared to Becchetti, but I guess Bitchtits did not like being emasculated by his success.

I kind of get the debt thing. It's reasonable for Teague to finance his investment in it that way, and given that the tone of the meeting the truth wouldn't have gone down well. In the business world, if a deal turns sour debt is better than equity, they already have equity, and debts like this give greater flexibility on exit. As Travis said, debt is drastically reduced but I bet that the biggest contributor to that was Becchetti accepting less than the debts accrued under his tenure.
I get the impression that the days of the £500,000 annual loss are over and if we get promoted it'll be a different story. At present, it's easy to attract Conference players on 4,500 crowds and stay in budget, harder in League Two.

Very encouraging to hear them talking about sustainability and CRM, and you'd hope that they mean business. Too many times in the past we have come out with schemes which seem to come to dead ends. If they are defining metrics they need to be constant goals; at the same time we need to be wary of gaming them; for instance if a goal was 5,000 average attendance, you can get that by simply giving away 1,000 tickets a game and recording those in the attendance. If you want to have a younger fan set, you could simply add loads of schoolkids details to the database, job done.

The kind of intangible 'brand perception' I think they are after is not particularly easy to measure and requires gathering opinions of Orient fans, casual non-regular Orient fans, and even non-Orient fans. Too much in the past, for example the fans forums, there has been a fear of including anyone outside the first group because it would mean going outside the comfort zone.
eagwgw
Elite Boarder
Elite Boarder

PostPosted by aylesburyos » Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:00 am

Listening now, Good to hear Teague talk about being involved for say 15-20 years so not just in it for short haul
aylesburyos
Level Five Boarder
Level Five Boarder

PostPosted by milano » Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:17 am

eagwgw wrote:Thanks for the upload.

Nigel Travis really should have a stand named after him or something, I don't think I have disagreed with anything he has said, and it's amazing that the Italians never listened to him. Business-wise he is an absolute giant compared to Becchetti, but I guess Bitchtits did not like being emasculated by his success.

I kind of get the debt thing. It's reasonable for Teague to finance his investment in it that way, and given that the tone of the meeting the truth wouldn't have gone down well. In the business world, if a deal turns sour debt is better than equity, they already have equity, and debts like this give greater flexibility on exit. As Travis said, debt is drastically reduced but I bet that the biggest contributor to that was Becchetti accepting less than the debts accrued under his tenure.
I get the impression that the days of the £500,000 annual loss are over and if we get promoted it'll be a different story. At present, it's easy to attract Conference players on 4,500 crowds and stay in budget, harder in League Two.

Very encouraging to hear them talking about sustainability and CRM, and you'd hope that they mean business. Too many times in the past we have come out with schemes which seem to come to dead ends. If they are defining metrics they need to be constant goals; at the same time we need to be wary of gaming them; for instance if a goal was 5,000 average attendance, you can get that by simply giving away 1,000 tickets a game and recording those in the attendance. If you want to have a younger fan set, you could simply add loads of schoolkids details to the database, job done.

The kind of intangible 'brand perception' I think they are after is not particularly easy to measure and requires gathering opinions of Orient fans, casual non-regular Orient fans, and even non-Orient fans. Too much in the past, for example the fans forums, there has been a fear of including anyone outside the first group because it would mean going outside the comfort zone.

THIS!
milano
Elite Boarder
Elite Boarder

PostPosted by Sid Bishop » Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:24 am

aylesburyos wrote:Listening now, Good to hear Teague talk about being involved for say 15-20 years so not just in it for short haul

Ok to say that , but no one can guarantee that will happen. 15 to 20 years is a very long time and many things including health issues can happen over such a long period of time. Just be happy that for the present and hopefully for a good few years ahead, we have some well meaning people in charge of the club.
Sid Bishop
Elite Boarder
Elite Boarder

Return to General Chat